WHY SHOULD MD's BE JEALOUS OF US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to fix that :)
I think this is what the last thread starter meant.

:D:D:D:D:D:D :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

we get more money for working less hours

We get to spend a lot less time in school and a lot more time with our families. SUCKERS!!!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
a lot less time in school? For general practice probably yeah...but you are forgetting about all of the students that actually go into residency/specialty. Specially if you are going for omfs.
Going back to the topic, I love dentistry because you can be your own boss and you choose when to work.

Medical marajuana's now illegal in all states. There's no more reason to go to medical school.

No Patient EVER dies under our care!!!

That is actually not true. Off the top of my head... last year there was a pediatric patient in Chicago (I think it was) that never woke up after being sedated for a filling.

Last edited:
Wait...PRE-dental students make more money than MDs?

I'm just messing with you guys. Carry on.

a little morbid, but last year a ped patient died while under sedation here in Va beach. It's rare, but does happen.

on a happier note, DDS hours rock and insurance doesn't run our practice!

Members don't see this ad :)
a little morbid, but last year a ped patient died while under sedation here in Va beach. It's rare, but does happen.

on a happier note, DDS/DMD hours rock and insurance doesn't run our practice!

fixed....

I work in a Geriatric Dentistry practice and one of our patients died last week 10 hrs after having 11 teeth Extracted....It may not have been directly under the dentists care but he was responsible for holding a heparin regiment for 8 days, using an excessive amount of Lidocaine on a patient with cerebral disease, and being greedy enough to want to prepare a F/ for a 94 year old patient.

Whats an F/ ?
and plz don't talking about dental patient deaths.
this is a happy thread :D:D:D:D:D:D

Whats an F/ ?
and plz don't talking about dental patient deaths.
this is a happy thread :D:D:D:D:D:D

Funny thing about threads...you don't get to choose what people bring up. The deaths can happen and sometimes it is due to greed. Can't ignore it.

Not totally sure I'd call this a happy thread so far. The constant bickering about who has it better, MD or DDS/DMD, makes this a bit of a sore and tiring subject I see brought up way too often.

Medical marajuana's now illegal in all states. There's no more reason to go to medical school.

is it really? i read something on yahoo news last month about them selling marajauna in vending machines in cali.

F/ = FUD = Full Upper Denture

We're smarter, better looking, etcetc than they are. jk.

But, Newsweek said that as a profession, MD is overrated, while dentistry is a great field to be in.

i work in a community college gen chem/org chem and physics lab as a TA. its sooo funny. when students ask what my future goals are, i tell them im starting dental school. most of these people (im talking 90%) usually say, "oh...so you couldnt get into med/pharmacy school?" i used to kinda get offended (just a little), and then id explain to them all the stuff you guys have listed here....but now i just say, "yes...yes i just wasnt good enough for med school :rolleyes: "

ive also noticed that if you tell a girl (say in a bar/club) that youre starting dental school they tend to say something like, "....so....youre gonna be like a dental assistant or something?" (*twirls gum around finger) and even after you explain that youll be a dentist (dr.) they still look at you with a blank stare....but if you say youre going to med school, as soon as the words leave your mouoth....they start taking their clothes off right there.:D

ive also noticed that if you tell a girl (say in a bar/club) that youre starting dental school they tend to say something like, "....so....youre gonna be like a dental assistant or something?" (*twirls gum around finger) and even after you explain that youll be a dentist (dr.) they still look at you with a blank stare....but if you say youre going to med school, as soon as the words leave your mouoth....they start taking their clothes off right there.:D

If I am at a bar or club I have learned to just say medical school. If they are educated enough and ask further, I then will elaborate- "I am going to dental school". Some people think dental school is hygienist school or a part of medical school- I smile and keep on chugging!

If I am at a bar or club I have learned to just say medical school. If they are educated enough and ask further, I then will elaborate- "I am going to dental school". Some people think dental school is hygienist school or a part of medical school- I smile and keep on chugging!

One time I told someone that I was going to go to dental school and they responded: "You should go to orthodontistry school instead... they make more money." :laugh:

I responded: "No, I want to go into 'podiatry' so I could specialize in kids teeth."