Why we do what we do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brk81144

Attending
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the midst of an all hell breaking loose shift where my admit rate was 65% I was reminded of why I chose this job. Middle age man carried in by his family unresponsive and looking like he was going to die came in. Found to be v tach. Shocked him. Woke up talking and thankful. Went to the cath lab for his stemi and had a 100% rca lesion stented. Family brought in cookies.... It's all about the cookies

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 25 users
who needs milk when you saved a life? good job.

What if it were the cookies that did his rca in

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What if it were the cookies that did his rca in
Then those have to be some tasty damn cookies. Or be laced with cocaine....

Family went and got cookies the same day and brought them to you? Impressive

Home baked or that entenmann's store bought boxed stuff?! That'll truly determine just how thankful they were for you saving him ;) lol.

Doesn't matter. A coming-in-dying that you "fix" is a true save. Strong work.
Cookies are just the icing on the cake. But damn good icing!

Home baked or that entenmann's store bought boxed stuff?! That'll truly determine just how thankful they were for you saving him ;) lol.

Hey now, Entenmann's makes some really nice donuts...

I would hope store-bought. I wouldn't eat anything homemade brought in by a patient. Who knows about the cleanliness/sanitation of their home.

When I visit someone's house and they have cats jumping up all over countertops, I politely pass on any food/drink.

I would hope store-bought. I wouldn't eat anything homemade brought in by a patient. Who knows about the cleanliness/sanitation of their home.

When I visit someone's house and they have cats jumping up all over countertops, I politely pass on any food/drink.

Funny that you mention this. My wife comes from a line of restaurant-owners/food-bev and knows a lot about food safety licensing, etc.

As it turns out, there are many states that have laws against commercially selling items prepared/manufactured in the home (that is, a non-commercially licensed kitchen), citing health concerns. So no, it might not be legal for you to mass produce and sell those cookies that are just so good.

Google: "Cottage Food Laws" if interested.