Why's everybody so irritable all of a sudden??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aredoubleyou

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone's pissed off on SDN, at the hospital, at the shops, my neighbors look all ill spirited lately...perhaps the weather?? Gloomy and cold everyday here, but thats nothing new. Paying off the holiday bills?? Boyfriend/ girlfriend finally getting word of your poor judgement at the new year's party?? Even I have been a bit sour lately, but c'mon people lighten up!

Anyone else notice that everybody seems pissy all of a sudden??

Members don't see this ad.

aredoubleyou said:
Everyone's pissed off on SDN, at the hospital, at the shops, my neighbors look all ill spirited lately...perhaps the weather?? Gloomy and cold everyday here, but thats nothing new. Paying off the holiday bills?? Boyfriend/ girlfriend finally getting word of your poor judgement at the new year's party?? Even I have been a bit sour lately, but c'mon people lighten up!

It's that time of the month for many here. Including the males..:laugh:

Mercury must be in retrograde...

Members don't see this ad :)
chicamedica said:
Your quote sent me down memory lane........ I grew up near where George washington Carver did and every year in elementary school we packed up the school bus and took a field trip to the GWC museum where they have a display of all of the 100 or so ways to use a peanut that he came up with. We would watch a movie about his life and then we always had to eat a box lunch outside, it was always really cold. Thank goodness I moved for middle school and got to go to the cosmosphere in Hutchinson, Ks for those field trips! Freeze dried ice cream - yummmmy!

aredoubleyou said:

It's nothing that a few BJ's can't fix! I say:

"BJ's ALL AROUND!!!"

:love:

Sugar72 said:
Your quote sent me down memory lane........ I grew up near where George washington Carver did and every year in elementary school we packed up the school bus and took a field trip to the GWC museum where they have a display of all of the 100 or so ways to use a peanut that he came up with. We would watch a movie about his life and then we always had to eat a box lunch outside, it was always really cold. Thank goodness I moved for middle school and got to go to the cosmosphere in Hutchinson, Ks for those field trips! Freeze dried ice cream - yummmmy!

The Cosmosphere was the bomb! I went on those same fieldtrips, you can't beat the movie screen there.

We had a bash for the Early Matches... And HOLY $HIT did nobody, but nobody want to talk about interviews, their top picks, and the Match itself was way off limits. So, being the nice and polite guy that I am... I asked everybody about all those things.

People are tense even if they don't want to admit it. Buying a house, marriage, changing jobs are all high on the anxiety meter. Well The Match if it isn't it's own Stress Category is a major life change/New Job event.

And we all know it's coming, nothing is garuanteed, and it is slowly creeping up our stress/anxiety level. I think it is much worse for those who don't blow off steam and talk about it, power drink on the weekends, or exercise daily. I tend to take full advantage of 2 of the 3 listed activities.

I can't wait for the emotional implosion/explosion on Match Day. I hear there will be a full range of human emotions on display if you are around enough med students following receipt of their Match assignments.

Good luck to everyone on MATCH DAY with their emotions. :eek: :) +pity+ :oops: :scared: :D :mad: :clap: :sleep: :barf:

BJ Queen said:

"BJ's ALL AROUND!!!"

Dude do you realize your entire existence, as far as internet posting on medical subjects is concerned, is centered around giving blow jobs? Is this really the life that you had dreamed of as a little boy with plastic stethescope?

Anyway, BJ Queen, although I wish you were a hot chick, you are still awesome. :laugh: And no, not awesome at that!

BJ Queen said:

"BJ's ALL AROUND!!!"

THANK YOU BJQueen... For your most thoughtful response to the question:

How would you personally go about bringing world peace?