WICHE/PSEP anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUJames

I am Spartacus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all.
As a short introduction I'm entering my senior year at Michigan State University (Go Green!) but am a resident of the state of Wyoming. I was wondering if there are any class of '05 people here who applied to/got accepted by SCCO or Pacific (through the WICHE program) or if there are any '06ers who will be doing so. I'm really excited, and admittedly a bit apprenhensive, about this upcoming year with applications, interviews, the OAT, etc. I look forward to posting in this forum and joining this community of helping each other through the admissions process. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering, I noticed that your location said Rock Springs WY. Are you from there? I grew up in Rock Springs WY myself and so I kind of know the dilema that you are going through with WITCHE program. I am currently in optometry school at SCO. I applied to SCCO, Pacific, and SCO. I also applied for the WITCHE program. I don't know if it has changed but when I was applying to optometry school we didn't find out if we actually were awarded WITCHE funds until February or March which is usually after you have decided where to attend school. And it is never a for sure thing that you will get WITCHE funds, depending on how many applicants there are from Wyoming that year. In any case I was accepted to all three schools but I liked SCO the best out of the three because it fit my personal needs and objectives the best as far as what I was loooking for in an optometry program. I was also awarded a scholarship here which was just as good as if I had received WITCHE funds. SCO's tuition is a little less than SCCO or Pacific and they have many scholarships to give out each year that range from $1,000 to $5,000 per year for all four years. Plus the cost of living in Memphis TN is less than California or Oregon. In any case it is hard to juggle the whole application process and WITCHE funds, scholarships, etc. But if you haven't looked into SCO as an option I would recomend it. I think it would be worth your time. I've really enjoyed it here and I'm glad that I gave SCO a look instead of just applying to the schools in the west. I don't know if this helps at all but in any case let me know if you are from Rock Springs and perhaps what your name is, I graduated from Rock Springs High School in 1997. If you like you can e-mail me at [email protected]