Will 2 C minuses prevent me from applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peter321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am going to apply for Pharmacy school this coming summer. I found that some schools do not take C-'s and that some schools say all pre-req's have to be a "C or better" (without specifications on C-). I have two C minuses in both OChem I and OChem II from sophomore year. My grades have gotten progressively better, but my overall gpa is 3.2. I got a decent PCAT score.
Do you think these 2 C minuses will be okay? Or do you think I would not be even considered for admission because of them?

Thanks a lot guys!

Members don't see this ad.

You're OK for the schools that don't say that. For the schools that don't accept lower than a C, you'll have to clarify this with program staff.

Got it. Thanks, I really appreciate your help!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

I am going to apply for Pharmacy school this coming summer. I found that some schools do not take C-'s and that some schools say all pre-req's have to be a "C or better" (without specifications on C-). I have two C minuses in both OChem I and OChem II from sophomore year. My grades have gotten progressively better, but my overall gpa is 3.2. I got a decent PCAT score.
Do you think these 2 C minuses will be okay? Or do you think I would not be even considered for admission because of them?

Thanks a lot guys!

Greetings,

Pharmacy Schools look for improvement. Having C's dont mean anything to schools that dont say anything (agreeing with reply mentioned above). As long as your transcript describes a story that you improved, you can be redeemed. Also, grades are not the only thing they look for. Do not demonize yourself because of your grades.

Good luck to you.

Contact the schools you are interested in immediately and ask them. They will probably recommend you retake the classes unless they have flexibility in their guidelines. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user