will a 3.0 get me into PT school in Texas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trynamakeit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to attend PT school in Texas and I am pretty sure that I will still have a 3.0 maybe a little higher (not much) by the end of the school year based on the classes that I have left. I would like to know if it is possible to make it with this gpa or should I just wait and apply after I complete my senior year? I really don't want to wait because then it would be like I am sitting out of school for a year waiting for PT school to start. Somebody please give me an ounce of hope if there is any...

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure if you can get in, but I say apply anyway. You'll spend some money on the application and stuff, but it is worth to try. Good luck.

You should check San Antonio and El Paso if you think your grades are going to be low. Perhaps they will have the least lofty expectations on prospective students.

I don't know the schools or their acceptance reputations in Texas, but if you meet the minimum requirements, then anything is possible. Grades are obviously important in the screening process. However, if you have other attributes such as a good GRE, a ton of PT experience, and unique qualities, then you stand a chance against those with higher GPA's. The application committees know that a 4.0 doesn't always translate to the best qualified candidates. There are plenty on this forum who had high GPAs and didn't get in as well with low GPAs and did get in.

If you know that your GPA won't go much higher, then continue to work hard for the best grades you can get, study for the GREs, and do anything (that you enjoy of course) that will boost your application.