1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Will a bad Step 2 outing ruin my chances?

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by PMRWannabe, Nov 15, 2005.

1. PMRWannabe

PMRWannabe Just a Wannabe

Medical Student
    Hi, this is my first time posting so I'm sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I was just wondering the consensus on whether a low but still passing (191) Step 2 CK score will ruin my chances of getting into a strong program. I did better on Step 1 and already have about 12 interviews scheduled but will the new score bring me down in the rankings?

Just a PMR Wannabe... for now ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psych psych

psych psych Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Well it all depends on which 12 programs u got interview offers from? If u had hopes of RIC or JFK, then to be honest a 191 wouldnt help....but i wouldnt sweat it.

4. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician SDN Advisor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Step 2 is not as important as other factors like your dean's letter, letters of rec from PM&R docs, your evals from your PM&R rotations, research, publications, etc. I think it's a small piece of the puzzle and since you already have interviews, you can explain your score if asked, and if not, emphasize your strengths. Step 1, grades, and other "paper" factors get you in the door to get interviews, and then it's really up to your personality and interview skills to get ranked at programs.

that's my 2cents.