Will a hold make me miss the Dec1 deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MysticHealer

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was stupid and submited late as in a few miniutes ago, but it was before midnight. But when i checked it, it said that there was a hold on my application while they were waiting for seconday Documents. HELP! I'm goign nuts? am i going to misss the 1st deadline?+pissed+ :mad: :confused: +pissed+ :mad: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The hold is because AMCAS has to wait to receive your transcript from your school. They will not forward your information to the medschools until they get your transcripts so that they can verify the grades you entered on your application.

You have no control over the amount of time it takes for your school to send AMCAS the transcripts (you did send your school the transcript request forms, right?), and you can't possibly be penalized for any delay that occurs due to this process. Again, as long as you submitted your AMCAS info before the deadline, you should be fine.

Once your transcript reaches AMCAS, you should receive an email from them. Then, your application will be put in line for the verification process. After verification is completed, it will be sent to whatever medical schools you designated. Again, since you have no control over what is going on at AMCAS' end, you cannot be penalized for any delay in the process. All med schools care about is that you submitted the AMCAS app before the deadline (Dec. 1 in this case). You apparently did, so you should be fine.

If you are still worried, once you submitted your app, a screen came up that said you'd paid the crazy application fee. Did you print this? I hope you did, cause it serves as a receipt that you paid them, and it also says the date of submission, which is important if you cut it close to the deadline (as you did).

If you didn't print it out, you could just print the first screen of your application now - most printouts from websites have a date and time at the bottom, so this could be a verification of sorts.

Okay, I've racked my wee little brain for ya. I really hope that helps. And again, RELAX. No need for a heart attack. ;)

C.

You may PM me for more suggestions. I will try my best.

DOh i ofr got to print it after i paid it.... but i thinbk it may have marked me at dec1st which should still be acceptabel since it is the deadline and not past
I hope.... but i got an email a long time ago that they got my transcript
so i guess i'll jsut wait till monday nad call and find out
is there any other way to verify why i submitted?