Will a mediocre old MCAT score be superior to a poor new MCAT score in allopathic admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They really should. If any moderator could enlighten me as to why this isn't the the gold standard, please do so.

maybe they do and people just use VPN

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, they're banned or I probably wouldn't have stirred the pot (as much as I was tempted earlier, I resisted). I just couldn't let the 'attractive white girl' one stand without its context, because I had such a hard time posting that to begin with despite it being relevant to the discussion at hand in the other thread. I probably went through ~5 edits trying to find a way to keep my message intact without sounding like - well, exactly the kind of tool savi apparently took me to be - and so I figured I'd just let the post speak for itself instead of letting someone who finds me repugnant (really?) throw their version out there.

Oh wow, you replied to someone who is banned you sure showed him (what a spineless insecure coward you are, grow a pair). you going through 5 edits just proves how insecure and self-conscious you are.
So, as fun as it was for a day to occasionally see nice comments such as this (thanks @Cyberdyne 101 and others!) seemingly at random, they eventually piqued my interest enough view my ignored posts in this thread, and wow that was...interesting. But here's my fav:

It is true; I did once post something with almost exactly that wording...
...except, you know, with qualifiers and in the context of pointing out my own privilege to other posters.
A search on SDN failed to come up with any other recent/clear* instances where I described myself that way, so I have to assume that this was the self-aggrandizing statement which so infuriated savi.
*qualifier added because I admittedly did not sift through all 4500+ posts in my history

The rest of the ranting is just as ridiculous, but sadly not as funny, so let's just leave that be.

calling it hilarious when you admitted to being really annoyed because you got called out for what you are (a sheltered entitled insecure white girl who has to compensate for her problems by trying to constantly prove she's better than others), doesn't work. the fact that you referred to yourself as being attractive when your attitude, baggage, and compensatory mechanisms just adds to the hilarity of the situation and is the icing on the cake. You're too damn insecure and self-conscious to possibly not view my posts even if you ignored me, so don't even bother with that ruse. Grow a pair and then you won't have to validate yourself constantly with scores and try super-hard to prove your worth to others by putting them down because you're absolutely nothing.

She started a helpful Anki thread and actually uploaded her deck! And somehow, you believe she's cut-throat (in addition to your other baseless attacks) o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
You gots to chill...

You know you'd actually be a decent poster if you weren't such an enormous kiss ass and white knight.

Thank god that fool got banned (again). His posts just made me sick.

Oh please, don't you have anything better to do like go back to constantly shoving the fact you went to WUSTL in everyone's face?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm now I wonder who could JucyJ be???

I'm someone who can't say no to ratchet bîtches yo, and that doesn't include fugly unattractive ultra-insecure skags with serious baggage in desperate need of validation from everyone.

Don't worry, @efle, I reported him again. He'll be gone soon.

Don't worry, @efle, I reported him again. He'll be gone soon.

lmao you have a 35 on a mcat and are constantly gloating about it and your WUSTL, but neither have gotten you many interviews GG dude.

Hmm now I wonder who could JucyJ be???
He's a talented rapper. Oh, I thought you were talking about the real Juicy J.

Reactions: 1 user
He's a talented rapper. Oh, I thought you were talking about the real Juicy J.

Speaking of talent, you're obviously not talented enough to do much of anything with your mcat score and WUSTL carrying you. What you're accomplishing this cycle is like if bill gates applied to jobs and was only accepted to minimum wage ones lmao.

lmao you have a 35 on a mcat and are constantly gloating about it and your WUSTL, but neither have gotten you many interviews GG dude.
If you're going to personally attack me, get your facts straight. @Ismet, get rid of this obvious troll is obvious please.

If you're going to personally attack me, get your facts straight. @Ismet, get rid of this obvious troll is obvious please.

oh no i said your mcat score is a point less than it actually is. who fûcking cares? point still stands, you haven't accomplished jack shît this cycle with a great mcat score and prestigious undergrad carrying you.

Someone's gunnin' for dat cease and desist letter.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone's gunnin' for dat cease and desist letter.

cease and desist for calling people out on their BS? lol whaaaaat. this place is /b/ for premeds so my content aint out of place either.

So mrh125, boltedbicorne, savithramma, and JuicyJ are gone.

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

Anyone wanna place bets as to when we'll be graced by mrh125's presence again?

So mrh125, boltedbicorne, savithramma, and JuicyJ are gone.

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

Anyone wanna place bets as to when we'll be graced by mrh125's presence again?
giphy.gif

if we're fortunate...
(had to use this one 'cause the other one didn't work ;))

Last edited:
That was fun....

People still talk like that? People that want to become a physician? I feel like I just watched a kid get bullied on the playground.

Reactions: 3 users
That was fun....

People still talk like that? People that want to become a physician? I feel like I just watched a kid get bullied on the playground.
Lol that troll thinks he pushed me around, but actually I was fine. I wasn't going to play his game and respond back. Reporting that fool was clearly the better option, and I'd do it a million times if it meant keeping the peace in these forums.

Lol that troll thinks he pushed me around, but actually I was fine. I wasn't going to play his game and respond back. Reporting that fool was clearly the better option, and I'd do it a million times if it meant keeping the peace in these forums.
Yeah...there are definitely ways to push my buttons, but calling me 'sheltered' is so far from the truth that it's not even insulting.

Reactions: 1 users
The sad thing is, based on some digging I did, I'm 99% sure mrh125 is legit and not a troll. Though under his more recent accounts I'm pretty sure he is just trolling to a certain degree.

The sad thing is, based on some digging I did, I'm 99% sure mrh125 is legit and not a troll. Though under his more recent accounts I'm pretty sure he is just trolling to a certain degree.
Maybe mrh125 was legit at first. But then he got really whiny about his low MCAT and still couldn't take criticism well. In all his subsequent accounts, he exhibited the same a**hole behavior and still couldn't take criticism well. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself and other people, so mrh can come back all he wants; I'll just shut him down every time.

Maybe mrh125 was legit at first. But then he got really whiny about his low MCAT and still couldn't take criticism well. In all his subsequent accounts, he exhibited the same a**hole behavior and still couldn't take criticism well. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself and other people, so mrh can come back all he wants; I'll just shut him down every time.

Only a total pûssy could take such pride in being a fcking snitch. You truly are at the bottom of the totem pole. I can handle criticism fine, what I don't stand for is no social skill arrogant autistic fcks like a good portion of people on this site who give crummy advice. Also, for "whining about my mcat" i've sure accomplished a hell of a lot more than you have with getting carried by your WUSTL and mcat lmao.

lmao digging. the only digging you can do is digging yourself a proverbial ditch. Put a sock in it williamcobbler.

Yeah...there are definitely ways to push my buttons, but calling me 'sheltered' is so far from the truth that it's not even insulting.

I don't care what the hell happened to you in your life, based off your perspective you still have nothing to reflect that you've actually learned anything from these life experiences because you have an extremely sheltered delusional entitled bratty world-view.

You're nothing but a background wallflower with feigned security. You're a puppy desperately doing tricks and pissing itself in a desperate plea for someone's validation so you can temporarily prove to yourself that you have any intrinsic value at all when everyone has their backs turned to you. You're also severely fcked once you take a breath and enter the real world because your "everyone is stupid except me, let me validate myself guyz" persona won't work when you're expected to function as a team. You're really going to have to work on developing some basic social skills because you're severely lacking in that department like most on this site (no wonder you guys have banded together, how cute), but first try and realize you're interacting with other "humans" which aren't solely there for you to talk at and validate yourself with.

They really should. If any moderator could enlighten me as to why this isn't the the gold standard, please do so.
Because IP address are not very persistently associated with users. Just because a banned user logged from a given an IP does not mean that tomorrow a legitimate user won't be using the same IP. That is especially relevant for people using university networks, since you have much higher chance of two different SDN users reusing the same IP over time. So if you block by IP, you end up blocking legit users from the same institution but the troll can easily get a different IP and carry on. You could block a whole range and that would help with preventing the rogue user but will have much larger collateral damage.

Let's stop discussing certain users and get back to the topic of the thread :)

On topic: planning to shine because others will underperform is a very bad game plan. There will be people who will do well on the new test. Your only way to compare favorable is to do just as well.

And he's back as BunB. Guess you win @claduva94

I hope he is never made a physician
LOL I didn't even have to do anything this time. He was gone after 1 post, and I've been working in the ED the whole time. Thank you, whoever quickly reported him.

Back to the topic at hand, I agree that you can't beat mediocre with mediocre. Just try your hardest on the new MCAT like everyone else will be doing.

Omg it's like trying to kill a zombie...:eek:

Question: if someone won a Kaplan course, would it still count for the new MCAT? (asking for a friend)

Thanks!

Wow, my thread got side-tracked in my absence.

Now this thread will frighten many a newbie. I am surprised that OP assumes that new MCAT scores will be poor. I am still going in with the attitude that I am going to kill it.

Honestly im pretty sure medical schools for the first few years will not pay attention to the psychology/sociology section....

There even a small chance it will become irreverent just like the writing section.

Wow, my thread got side-tracked in my absence.
Yeah, sorry. I really, REALLY didn't mean to start anything. Not actually sure how that happened.

I'm with the other (on-track) responses, though...mediocre is mediocre, and poor is poor, no matter which test it comes from.