Will AADSAS automatically get my DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

gorrillaunit18

Sorry for the question, but will AADSAS automatically get my DAT scores since I took the test or do I need to also send them a copy of them?

Members don't see this ad.

i think they do automatically get it. I just received mine today, and i took is may 27th, 2010. the scores arent up, but the fact they got it is posted.

i think they do automatically get it. I just received mine today, and i took is may 27th, 2010. the scores arent up, but the fact they got it is posted.

Hhhmmmm...I took mine June 3rd, so maybe mine will take a little longer. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
aadsas will get the scores but do I need to request that my scores be sent to every school I apply to or will they do that for me? It seems odd that I have to pay $25 for every request if aadsas automatically sends them anyway.

if it says on the supplement part that you must send the OFFICIAL DAT SCORES, then you must separately ( outside of the AADSAS) request to send it, and pay 25 dollars I believe.

if it says on the supplement part that you must send the OFFICIAL DAT SCORES, then you must separately ( outside of the AADSAS) request to send it, and pay 25 dollars I believe.

That's not true. It is rather a reflection of an outdated supplemental information. I emailed the schools I applied about that, and all that replied were aware of the official DAT scores available directly from AADSAS. Some of them are more clear by directly telling me there is no need to send scores directly; other that are little confused told me I need to allow AADSAS to release that information to them (I thought that's automatic with the dental school designation step).

Do you think schools will be able to see scores even if we dont add them to our ADA DAT score reporting list?​

I called ADA today and they told me that in order for schools to see our scores on our AADSAS application, we need to designate them thru ADA (meaning pay the 25$ per school)....but the guy from AADSAS said that we didnt have to...​

I really confused on this....does anyone know what is going on?:confused:

Can anyone tell me what this says (from the ADA website updated June 2010):​

"Dental Schools to Receive Official Scores
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]From the list of dental schools (see Appendix D), indicate which schools are to receive official DAT scores. If the schools you requested on your DAT application participate in a standardized application service such as the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) or the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS), the scores will be available to all schools directly and through the application service. Schools selected at the time of application are included in the DAT fee regardless of the number of schools selected. You can also request that a score report be sent to your predental advisor at no charge at the time of application. ..To send an official score report to yourself or alternate institution after you have submitted a DAT application, the fee is $25 per report. "

http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_examinee_guide.pdf
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Do you think schools will be able to see scores even if we dont add them to our ADA DAT score reporting list?​

I called ADA today and they told me that in order for schools to see our scores on our AADSAS application, we need to designate them thru ADA (meaning pay the 25$ per school)....but the guy from AADSAS said that we didnt have to...​

I really confused on this....does anyone know what is going on?:confused:

Can anyone tell me what this says (from the ADA website updated June 2010):​

"Dental Schools to Receive Official Scores
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]From the list of dental schools (see Appendix D), indicate which schools are to receive official DAT scores. If the schools you requested on your DAT application participate in a standardized application service such as the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) or the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS), the scores will be available to all schools directly and through the application service. Schools selected at the time of application are included in the DAT fee regardless of the number of schools selected. You can also request that a score report be sent to your predental advisor at no charge at the time of application. ..To send an official score report to yourself or alternate institution after you have submitted a DAT application, the fee is $25 per report. "

ADA told me the same thing. You still have to pay $25 per school. Otherwise, the AADSAS will not send it.

Is there a way to see what schools you chose your DAT scores to be sent to after you've taken the DAT?

It doesn't matter. So long as you selected just ONE school when you signed up for the DAT, every school you apply to will get a copy of your scores along with your AADSAS application. That will suffice. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Do DAT scores show on the AADSAS app after you e-submit? My retake that I took last month is not posted on the "DAT Scores" tab. Only my previous attempt date is posted, but no scores. I submitted 2 days ago.