Will AMCAS correct letter mistake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tokspor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I submitted my application, I chose committee letter to be the type of letter to be sent out. However, I got an email back from the person who is sending out my letters and was it pointed out that I should have chosen letter packet instead, since I don't have a committee letter. I had to mark the committee letter as "no longer sending" and create another letter request. Now my application has an indication that I have two different letter packages to be sent out, "committee" and "letter packet," with a red note saying that I will no longer be sending out the committee letter.

If I call AMCAS, and explain that this was an honest mistake in choosing the type of letter to be sent, are they likely to delete the "committee" letter for me?

Members don't see this ad.

How are we supposed to know what AMCAS will likely do or not do? I doubt anyone here works for AMCAS.

So, your best bet would be just to call and find out.

Anyone had personal experience or at least heard about AMCAS being willing to make small non-typo changes? Thanks.