Quantcast

Will Biochem (w/labs) sub for Organic II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshto

Nervous&Neurotic
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Will Biochemistry I with labs sub for Organic II? I had to drop organic II as it wasn't going as well as planned (to say the least, lol). I took organic I with labs and I did fine. Also, does dropping a course or taking less than a full course load influence med application?

TheRealMD

"The Mac Guy"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools it's ok but I wonder how you think that biochem is easier than ochem 2.

Johannen

Weathered Wayfarer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will Biochemistry I with labs sub for Organic II? I had to drop organic II as it wasn't going as well as planned (to say the least, lol). I took organic I with labs and I did fine. Also, does dropping a course or taking less than a full course load influence med application?

I'd be careful about this. Taking biochem instead of organic II because you didn't have to take organic II for your degree is one thing. Taking biochem instead of organic II after you've already tried and withdrawn from organic II might throw up some red flags.

amph119

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful about this. Taking biochem instead of organic II because you didn't have to take organic II for your degree is one thing. Taking biochem instead of organic II after you've already tried and withdrawn from organic II might throw up some red flags.

Yeah for my major, chemical engineering with a biomolecular focus, I'm taking biochemistry instead of Orgo II. I have heard from everyone and anyone that this won't be a problem down the road when I apply in June. I don't know how your case will be different.

OP, Did you actually withdraw from Orgo II and get a W or did you drop before your school's deadline where it won't show up as you having even been registered for it?