Will carrying out EC activities in person be frowned upon in admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihave Nonamè

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working in a research lab in person and I am volunteering in a kitchen for the homeless. I've been applying to clinical positions as well that are in person.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working in a research lab in person and I am volunteering in a kitchen for the homeless. I've been applying to clinical positions as well that are in person.
You know, I'm beginning to worry about you, noname.

Why would somebody worry about your ECs???

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
i think OP is saying it could be a display for lack of regard for COVID

Reactions: 4 users
You know, I'm beginning to worry about you no name.

Why would somebody worry about your ECs???

s?? t s t t d y y y y d d d d hy
Because of a stay-at-home order that many still believe should be strictly adhered to...Maybe you don't mind so much but others certainly aren't afraid to criticize in-person activities.

• Inappropriate
Because of a stay-at-home order that many still believe should be strictly adhered to...Maybe you don't mind so much but others certainly aren't afraid to criticize in-person activities.
Employment EC's won't be criticized for not adhering to stay-at-home orders.

Reactions: 3 users
Stay at home doesn't mean you're under prison, you know. We have enough sense to know that if you're out there volunteering. especially for a vulnerable population, that safety precautions are being taken.

As long as you don't have photos of you volunteering without masks on social media you will be fine.

• Haha
I had to go through much of the thread before I could figure out what the he!! Op was asking. According to your title of the thread OP, you should be fine.

Wow really. I thought the remote lifestyle was on everyone's mind at this time and that "in person" would be read with consideration for present times. Sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Half the time that I say "in person" someone chimes in with "and contribute to spread?"

Still don't understand the hard NO! though near the start of the thread...