Will I get in?

Started by qingywingy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qingywingy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys!

I am going to be a gen.bio. major junior at univ. of maryland, cp.

I totally screwed up my first two years.
My overall GPA is only a 2.58.
I've gotten Cs in my gen.chem and o.chem 1.

If I get straight As for my next two years.
Which are the two years where I will be taking 95% science classes.
A 85+ % on my PCAT.

What are my chances of getting in?
My GPA won't jump off the walls, but its the trend I was hoping for.

I also have had medical experience since 10th grade in HS.
- Volunteering at Georgetown Univ.
- Summer Student at the National institute of Health.
- CVS Pharmacy Technician.
- Intern at GlaxoSmithKline (currently, its 8:58pm and i am still at the office)

Do i still have hope or should I just give up and be a garbage man.

Thank you!
- Wired-until-my-acceptance-letter.
 
qingywingy said:
Hey Guys!

I am going to be a gen.bio. major junior at univ. of maryland, cp.

I totally screwed up my first two years.
My overall GPA is only a 2.58.
I've gotten Cs in my gen.chem and o.chem 1.

If I get straight As for my next two years.
Which are the two years where I will be taking 95% science classes.
A 85+ % on my PCAT.

What are my chances of getting in?
My GPA won't jump off the walls, but its the trend I was hoping for.

I also have had medical experience since 10th grade in HS.
- Volunteering at Georgetown Univ.
- Summer Student at the National institute of Health.
- CVS Pharmacy Technician.
- Intern at GlaxoSmithKline (currently, its 8:58pm and i am still at the office)

Do i still have hope or should I just give up and be a garbage man.

Thank you!
- Wired-until-my-acceptance-letter.

Frankly, at first I read it as though you have received straight A's for the next two years; following a re-read I noticed a very large "IF".

I wouldn't bother applying until that if becomes "I have". Your GPA/PCAT will weigh in much heavier than your volunteering, unfortunatley.