will i get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dovebar

i guess i'm a little anxious now that it's almost time to apply.

b.s. in biochemistry
cum 3.45
completed honors program
have 1 year bug research...:laugh:
was premed all undergrad
after college worked in manufacturing lab

here's my grades
and some problems in my app

calculus B+
physics 1 &2 A
ochem 1 B
ochem 2 withdrew then B
ochem lab withdrew then A
gen chem 1:mad:(i took it in a community college while still in high school and i had too much stuff going on in high school. i didn't know you had to drop the class...so i got a F on that transcript) :mad:stupidest mistake ever!!!
anyway i took the class again...
gen chem 1 and gen chem 2 A
So will they average my F and my one A out? i'm scared. :oops:
Microbiology A
Gen Biology 1 A
Gen Biology 2 B
Macroecon A
Microecon B
English 1 & 2 A
Anatomy & phys...still taking them

I got a good recommendation from my college professor( I kinda already applied to one school).
Volunteer work in pediatric er ~80 hours
other volunteer work with low functioning adults.
Work as a substitute teacher.
I volunteer in a hospital pharmacy on the weekends( only for two months now...so i'll hopefully get a pharmacy recommendation

I'm applying this summer( for fall 2009)...as soon as pharmcas comes out & i'm taking the pcat in june.

Thank you for reading. I'll really appreciate any feedback. thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the F will affect you too much if you explain the circumstances during the interview. Overall you look to be competitive.

wow...that makes me feel better:) do you think all those w's will be a problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow...that makes me feel better:) do you think all those w's will be a problem?

you look good. Your W's shouldn't be a problem since you did well in those classes afterwards. I'm also taking the pcat in june! good luck with that! :thumbup:

Let me rub my crystal ball right quick.................it says maybe!:) Just joking, but its hard to tell because we are not the admissions committee but looking at your stats I say your chances are good!

HTH

:)thanks everyone for the feedback. wait and see what happens now. :luck: