Will I get into Harvard medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenbee2495

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

I have 9.8 gpa in 10th board exams, 9.3 gpa in +1 and +2 and 9.1 gpa in college and I gave mcat (514) after arriving in USA. I immigrated from Mumbai, India. I wish to become a doctor at Harvard Medical School. What else I need to do to confirm admission in medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Consider becoming a navy seal and astronaut to help increase your well roundedness.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I have 9.8 gpa in 10th board exams, 9.3 gpa in +1 and +2 and 9.1 gpa in college and I gave mcat (514) after arriving in USA. I immigrated from Mumbai, India. I wish to become a doctor at Harvard Medical School. What else I need to do to confirm admission in medical school.
Besides having college coursework completed in the US or Canada (since foreign transcripts aren't accepted by AMCAS), you'll need astonishing extracurricular activities.

I have 9.8 gpa in 10th board exams, 8.3 gpa in +1 and +2 and 8.9 gpa in college and I gave mcat (514) after arriving in USA. I immigrated from Mumbai, India. I wish to become a doctor at Harvard Medical School. What else I need to do to confirm admission in medical school.
No, unless you figure out how to cure aids between now and application time.

Reactions: 1 users
plz this is serious question

Is it? There's a lot of things you seem to not know about the process if this is serious. For instance:
  • If we use the AMCAS grading conversion charts (https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...692785e/amcas_grade_conversion_chart_2018.pdf) your 9.1 college gpa comes out to about an A- here, or a 3.66/4.0, not terrible but not great.
  • Many schools do not take international students
  • Schools that take international students often (sometimes?) ask that you have at least a year of coursework from a school in the United States (or Canada)?
Furthermore, you need extracurriculars - shadowing, research, community service, personal passions. It doesn't seem like you've even begun to think about what this process means.

Dang. Way to put the OP down guys

It's not putting him down. Sure - some of the comments are sarcastic. But if this is a real post, then its best to be honest, and ensure that OP understands the type of work that goes into being competitive so that you have a greater chance of getting into a top school. It would be really hard to have one school be your goal, although I perfectly understand that.