Will Kaplans Biology section and Crack the DAT be good to study for Biology section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZooZoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have bought Kaplan blue book for the Biology section as well as Crack the DAT. Will those two be enough for the Biology section? Or something else is better to study. I want to start studying so I want to make sure before I start that these two are good two sources to study for the Biology section for the DAT

Members don't see this ad.

Nah get rid of those. Memorize every question and answer choice from Destroyer bio and then test yourself with bootcamp/genius and memorize those solutions too and you should be good.

Reactions: 2 users
Nah get rid of those. Memorize every question and answer choice from Destroyer bio and then test yourself with bootcamp/genius and memorize those solutions too and you should be good.
I second Roy Williams. However, Kaplan is really good for physiological systems section. Supplement those physiology chapters from Kaplan with cliff AP bio 3rd edition and you're good to go!

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

I have been using Kaplan as my main test prep resource and have found their biology sections to be great. Especially with in detailed/ straight-foward diagrams and charts, and like drsoni said, also really good for physiological systems!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would use a different source for content review (ideally something more comprehensive) than just Kaplan. I would definitely use more practice than CrackDAT as well (their science sections in general aren't very good). There are much better resources out there that are updated more regularly.

I recommend Cliff's AP 3rd edition. it's concise and has some good end of the chapter quizzes. I supplemented what was missing from cliffs (i.e it was lacking in physio and plant evolution) from youtube videos. You're more than welcome to message me for the list of what I used to study for the DAT.

I have bought Kaplan blue book for the Biology section as well as Crack the DAT. Will those two be enough for the Biology section? Or something else is better to study. I want to start studying so I want to make sure before I start that these two are good two sources to study for the Biology section for the DAT

Use cliffnotes to establish your bio base.
Then follow it up with my notes or feralis bio notes for more in depth content review.
Then do DAT destroyer -- learn all matetial from the questions and understand the concepts behind questions you got wrong.

This should give you a strong bio knowledge for the real DAT