Will my poor ECs keep me out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texaslily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Removed (personal info). Thanks for the help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As someone previously said, stop sucking your own _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank.)

As someone previously said, stop sucking your own _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank.)

I'm not sure what you mean.. I'm genuinely concerned since I don't feel like I've done nearly as much EC-wise as a lot of other people have. I know my MCAT is great, if that's what you were referring to, but I know from experience that a great test score isn't a guarantee into anywhere. So should I take it from your reaction that my ECs are on par with those of most applicants?

Yeah and no need to be a _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank) about it, I'm not tooting my own horn here, I'm genuinely looking for helpful answers.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
you have nothing to worry about, especially since you're a Texas resident. it's not like you did absolutely nothing outside of studying. plus, you have the general EC's medical schools are looking for anyway (maybe with the exception of a leadership position, but i wouldn't fret about it). not to mention the stellar MCAT score...

Texaslilly,

I am in about the same boat as you... except my MCAT is 35S and cGPA 3.87 sGPA 3.85. I have little clinical experience too (4 months of volunteer at trauma surgery departmnet 4hrs/week & 12hrs/week 6 weeks of shadowing) and my thread has some helpful, yet disappointing realism. I am not going to paste it here, but do a quick search for my thread about Low Clincal = Auto rejection and you can read some insightful stuff (nothing to do with _ _ _ _'s). Goodluck to you! you have great stats and I hope the schools respond to you (me too...)

Tjquinn