Will professors let you work (really) ahead to finish a course in half the time (Online Course)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SterlingMaloryArcher

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also retaking this class. I don't see why it would be a problem to make certain assignments available in the Pearson online workbook but I have a suspicion there are probably institutional rules regarding when the midterm and final are administered.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually, professors don't let people take tests/finals early because of the risk of cheating. If you take it 3 weeks ahead of everyone else, then chances are one can cheat, so the professor either has to run that risk or make a new exam, neither of which is desirable.

Members don't see this ad :)
They won't let you take tests early but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to do your work early (assuming it's all available from the beginning).

It would be better to ask them though, you never know.

Depends on the institution. I took three online classes (each scheduled for 16 weeks), and I asked before hand if I could accelerate them. Did one in 2 weeks, another in 3, third I worked ahead until life happened, but still finished like a week early. exams were in person at a tasting facility, so not sure if that matters.

I once finished an online class in 2 weeks so that I didn't have to buy the online course and book we were using, finished it all within the free 14 day trial.

Reactions: 1 user