Will reapplying to PTCAS be as easy as it was the first time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ngozi Onyema

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone is familiar with the reapplication process maybe you can help me.

I'm going to reapply to PTCAS for the 2013 Cycle. I understand that the information on my 2012 application will not be carried over as it says on the PTCAS website:

• Q: Does PTCAS save or carry over any application materials from one application cycle to the next if I need to reapply in the future?

A: No. PTCAS does not carry over any application data. If you are re-applying or will reapply in a future cycle, you will need to create a new application and resubmit all new required documents to PTCAS.
Will it be acceptable for me to use the same essay that I used in this cycle's application in next years application?

I thought the essay was really good and not the reason that I did not get accepted in to the school I wanted.

Also when will I be able to apply for the 2013 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I would have no qualms re-using my essay, esp. if other factors such as GPA, GRE scores, etc were the reasons for non-acceptance.
I think PTCAS opens up every July.

This was my second yr applying. I used my same essay and LOR for the most part since they were really good. Over the year I retook some science pre-reqs, retook the GRE, and got some more volunteer hours in different settings. I was able to submit my PTCAS app in early August since I had the majority of the information from the last cycle which I highly recommend if some of the schools you are applying to have rolling admissions. This yr ive had a much better outcome and will be attending one of my top choices of programs this July. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
This cycle is my second time using PTCAS. I would recommend printing out your application and using it as a reference for next year. It is nice to have it as a reference when remebering all you ECs, course work, Honors, jobs, essays. Obviously you will make adjustments where needed.

I re-did my essay, but for the reason I thought it could be stronger. If you have a really good one, reuse it! They don't have access to your old application and chances are they didn't even read it if your stats are what knocked you out.
Just remember you have to write an additional essay to talk about how you have improved since last cycle. So maybe start thinking of some volunteering you can do...not even PT related that makes you well-rounded. If grades or the GRE is what got you...start working now on improving them and you will be able to talk about that.

Don't give up! Good luck!