Will Someone Please Answer??!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

williestyle81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just looking on the amcas site at my schools and the transmission dates and what not. My question is, what exactly do they mean by transmission? Is it that the schools are finally reviewing my total application? (Only 2 of my schools so far updated the transmission to this past Thursday 10-10 and today 10-14). Were they just now seeing my whole application this past weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

they're not even necessarily seeing your whole application yet. "transmitted" just means they've downloaded the electronic copy of your AMCAS and put it with the rest of your file. but, you're still waiting in line :)

ok, calm down first. :) REEEEEEEEELAX.

You submit your amcas, and it should have said "ACTIVE." That means you are not verified yet. Now, the "transmission dates" that you see are actually the dates that the schools are downloading your information from AMCAS databases. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL LOOK AT YOUR APP.

It does mean however, that they will start looking if you already have been verified. And how do you know if you're verified? It will say "verified" instad of "active."

Now, note that the transmission dates on your AMCAS welcome page MAY be different from the ACTUAL dates the school physically got your application. So, in order to find out the more accurate date, you have to click on PRINT APPLICATION. Once you do that, go to your list of schools. And you should see 3 or 4 columsn . The last column has dates. And those are the "true date" of when your application was received by the schools.

Note, however, that you could start receiving secdonaries through email the next day after your AMCAS got transmitted. So once you start receiving secondaries, you better start filling em out. Once you're verified, you can submit that secondary and submit those LOR puppies ASAP.

WHEW! Got it?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx tweetie:) !!! actually, i've already sent all my secondaries, well except one. so i'm just waiting for something...

Originally posted by williestyle81
thanx tweetie:) !!! actually, i've already sent all my secondaries, well except one. so i'm just waiting for something...

Man, even the "late" SDNers are early on getting stuff out!