Will taking 2 bio classes at CC impact my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mednight

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not one of the people that went to university and then transferred to a CC or that went to a university and took a couple classes for summer sessions.

I won't be taking any other science courses at CC except Biology.

Before you can get into physics or chemistry class at my school I would have to take physics, math, and chemistry prereqs(pre-chem class, pre-physics classes) and I think it's pointless being that when I transfer to a university I'll be put right into core Physics and Chemistry courses.

I'm trying my best to avoid the Academic Advisors at my school because they will question me as to why I'm a Biology major that only took general electives and I sort of kind of need them for when I'm making my list of schools to transfer to.

I really don't want to transfer as a biology major and then the school I apply to doesn't accept me because I took 2 major courses.

I don't really know if I'm asking a specific question in this post, but I need some advice. Thanks.

Update: Also, should I retake a class I have a D in at CC or wait until I get into a university(if I get in....)? I know that most colleges won't transfer classes with a D.

Members don't see this ad.

Will I be fine when transferring schools? I'll be a biology major with only two core classes...it just doesn't seem like it would be enough for them.

you will be fine