Will That one year hurt me!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JD55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone on SDN I have a question I am 25 now been to college for a year a few years ago didnt do really well I plan on going back this year would like to pursue medicine. Would that one year that I went to college and did bad hold me back? About how long would it take me to become a doctor? Is my age a real factor seeing how most people start earlier in life?

Thanks for all advice given

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone on SDN I have a question I am 25 now been to college for a year a few years ago didnt do really well I plan on going back this year would like to pursue medicine.

Holy run on sentence Batman that's so great you want to be a doctor 25 is not old.

Would that one year that I went to college and did bad hold me back?

You have to submit that transcript, and the grades are a permanent part of your undergrad GPA. In that sense, it will hold you back because you have an extra-high hill to climb to produce an admittable GPA.

About how long would it take me to become a doctor?

4+ years of undergrad plus 4 years of medical school plus 3-8 years of residency

Is my age a real factor seeing how most people start earlier in life?

No.

Thanks for all advice given

Best of luck to you.

Hi everyone on SDN I have a question I am 25 now Would that one year that I went to college and did bad hold me back?

Had to append to DocMidnite's post-left out her tagline.

Punk. Punk Punk Punk Punk Punk Punk Punk Punk. Don't even talk about year differences when you are a comparable infant. A bad year is bad, period. But if your GPA recovers (>>>3.0 composite) and you show strong upward trends then you should be fine.