Will the school let me withdraw this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swllwdinthesea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was already set to attend school A, put my deposit a while back and registered for the courses and classes+orientation start this coming week.
But I just received a call of acceptance from school B which is much closer to home, and tuition is much lower. Most importantly I would like to stay near family.

Being that it is so late in the cycle, will I have a problem withdrawing from school A (since orientation+classes already starts on Monday)?
I already emailed the school, but it's the weekend so I have to wait until Monday for a response.

Anyone know about this?

Please answer and thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not too late and you shouldn't have a problem. I recommend calling on Monday to make sure they received your email. I would also consider writing and signing a letter of resignation. Fax it and send a copy in the mail. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Never too late to withdraw. You can withdraw even after school starts. Just remember that the deposit is gone. When does the other school start? Make sure you work with them to coordinate FAFSA so your tuition is paid on time.

I was already set to attend school A, put my deposit a while back and registered for the courses and classes+orientation start this coming week.
But I just received a call of acceptance from school B which is much closer to home, and tuition is much lower. Most importantly I would like to stay near family.

Being that it is so late in the cycle, will I have a problem withdrawing from school A (since orientation+classes already starts on Monday)?
I already emailed the school, but it's the weekend so I have to wait until Monday for a response.

Anyone know about this?

Please answer and thanks.

Never too late to withdraw. A lot of schools keep their waitlists going into orientation and sometimes the first week of class specifically because of this. Good luck! :thumbup: