William Carey vs. Burrell vs. Arcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calcifer97

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been accepted so far to William Carey, I had an interview with Burrell last week and have one with Arcom next week. I will be honest and say that I am from the North East and my instate school is my top choice but they are behind and I'm losing hope so I kind of wanted to have my back up incase. I am also low income so these 2000$ deposits are just not for me. I had to put 1/2 my deposit for william carey already. I was just wondering out of these schools, which one would be better. My pro con list is kinda short tbh because for me right now it feels like picking a random school out of a hat, I don't have a great lean towards anything. I got my masters in New Orleans so I don't mind the south at all and love hot weather, I have just really never been outside this area so I am a bit worried.

William Carey
Pros
  • -- Dean and I share very similar values and past experiences so I feel like I would fit in well to this school
  • -- cost is almost the same as my in-state school

Cons
  • Worried about being in Mississipi (im south asian)
  • --very focused on primary care

Burrell
Pros
  • -- Seems to have an okay Muslim community around
  • --diversity seemed important when I interviewed
Cons
  • -- this is gonna sound odd but I had a really "rude" interviewer and lowkey the thought of seeing her again as a professor gives me anxiety
  • -- fairly newer, hoping to not be accepted to their new florida location as it will be their first cohort this fall

Arcom
Pros
  • -- originally applied because one of the admissions lady was super helpful and gave me a lot of support even though my mcat is low (think the school would be good with this if I needed help later on
  • -- I like that they have community interviews, I think I could do well in this setting

Cons
  • I don't know how I would settle in Arkansas
  • --faculty turnover
Summary: I am hoping to specialize and thinking of maybe trying for something like anesthesiology so I want a school that would be able to help me with this if possible. Please help! If you go here and can offer insight even better!

Members don't see this ad.

ARCOM has a strong muslim community and the area was a removing base so it is more diverse than you'd expect

Reactions: 1 user
WCU. BCOM is too new and both it and ARCOM have had some complaints in the past while WCU really hasn't. No point putting extra deposits down for them if you do end up getting accepted to those 2. There will also be a new MD school in Arkansas that will continue to pull resources away from ARCOM probably.

WCU. BCOM is too new and both it and ARCOM have had some complaints in the past while WCU really hasn't. No point putting extra deposits down for them if you do end up getting accepted to those 2. There will also be a new MD school in Arkansas that will continue to pull resources away from ARCOM probably.
ah thank you! i actually did end up deciding to go with wcu!