Wingate University interviews and acceptances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adidastoes15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw there was a thread for Shenandoah and Wingate, but not many people talking about Wingate there. So I thought I would make one. Just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview invite?

Members don't see this ad.

Do not hate me for mentioning Shenandoah on here because that is what you are trying to get away from in this thread, but I applied to both and have been accepted to Shenandoah and still waiting to hear anything from Wingate.

I have seen some posts on SDN from people claiming they have January interviews at Wingate, so I am sure the first invites have already been sent.

I have an interview at Wingate on January 16th. Will anyone else be there?

Members don't see this ad :)
No haters here lol. and yea seriously, when did you get this interview invite and how?

Happy new year!

I got a phone call on Dec. 18th, followed up by an email. I'm pretty excited- Wingate seems like it has a very interesting program!

I have an interview at Wingate on January 16th. Will anyone else be there?

Hey, I have an interview on January 16th as well!

Are you from NC? I'm flying from Illinois.

See you there!

I'm a P1 at Wingate... PM me with any questions and I'll be happy to help you out any way I can!

And as far as the comment made earlier about Wingate having an "interesting program", why yes we do! What sets this school apart is our leadership. Dean Supernaw is an amazing guy to have on your side and I'm proud to be his student! I think what sets us apart is the emphasis on moving the profession to the next level in health care... that is to say more emphasis on patient care and developing the necessary clinical skills needed to evolve w/ the future role of the pharmacist (look up Vision 2015). Believe me, if you do end up going here you will know what I'm talking about after about 2 weeks in the program. Its great! Look forward to meeting you all!

Feb. 13 interview invite via phone call today, followed by email!

Anyone know how many students they interview at each session?

Anyone know how many students they interview at each session?

I read a lot of helpful information on the interview feedback page in order to get prepared for my interview next Friday. I think I remember reading on there that they interview ~20 people at each session. If you look at the information on PharmCAS, it says that they only interviewed 150 people last year. Of those 150 people, 90 were accepted... not bad odds!

Yeah the odds are pretty good... but I will warn you to not pay a great deal of attention to the interview feedback section because word is the school has completely changed it for this application cycle. I'm under the impression that it will be nothing like we did last year so I would focus my time on just reading up on current issues within the profession and particularly relating to advocacy. Other than that there isn't really a magic formula to the interview - just be yourself and I know that sounds a bit cliche but its really true. An interviewer can smell insincerity from a mile away... so be careful! I wish you all the best of luck and I look forward to meeting you guys/girls!

WUSOP c/o 2012

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the odds are pretty good... but I will warn you to not pay a great deal of attention to the interview feedback section because word is the school has completely changed it for this application cycle. I'm under the impression that it will be nothing like we did last year so I would focus my time on just reading up on current issues within the profession and particularly relating to advocacy. Other than that there isn't really a magic formula to the interview - just be yourself and I know that sounds a bit cliche but its really true. An interviewer can smell insincerity from a mile away... so be careful! I wish you all the best of luck and I look forward to meeting you guys/girls!

WUSOP c/o 2012

Is the curriculum at Wingate still focused a lot on group work? I thought the work done at the past interview sessions seemed logical for a curriculum that was focused heavily on working together as a group. The group work is what I really was attracted to about Wingate because I think that promotes a non-competitive atmosphere in which people can work together instead of always try to out-do each other.

Yes, we do still put a lot of emphasis on group work. We had several projects last semester in which we were assembled into groups and asked to make it work. I think everyone had a pretty good experience with this aspect of the curriculum. My guess is that the new interview format will still have a group segment, although I'm not sure exactly what just yet! I'll keep you posted...

I'm also a P1 at Wingate and I completely agree with everything Rx 4 MiSeRy has said and recommended. Dean Supernaw is a very inspirational person and when I left I was excited about the program offered here. When you meet with Dean Supernaw, he will ask everyone their name, where they were born, where they live now, and to tell something interesting about themselves. Good luck tomorrow!

I'm also a P1 at Wingate and I completely agree with everything Rx 4 MiSeRy has said and recommended. Dean Supernaw is a very inspirational person and when I left I was excited about the program offered here. When you meet with Dean Supernaw, he will ask everyone their name, where they were born, where they live now, and to tell something interesting about themselves. Good luck tomorrow!

And who is this???? PM me!

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today... so quick considering my interview was on Friday!

Good luck to everyone else with interviews!!!

WUSOP c/o 2012
Great advice. I read your words, but did not realize how true they would be. The process was changed significantly from what I have read in past feedback. Without going into too much detail, the interview focused on ethical and situational questions. The group presentation was a very pleasant experience. Basically, we had to use each member in our group (around 13 people) to present a coherent solution, and its alternatives, to a problem. I was very impressed with the Dean, and the uniqueness of the school as a whole.

Great advice. I read your words, but did not realize how true they would be. The process was changed significantly from what I have read in past feedback. Without going into too much detail, the interview focused on ethical and situational questions. The group presentation was a very pleasant experience. Basically, we had to use each member in our group (around 13 people) to present a coherent solution, and its alternatives, to a problem. I was very impressed with the Dean, and the uniqueness of the school as a whole.

Hey, did you interview last Friday, the 16th? I didn't have any questions about current pharmacy issues like Rx4Misery mentioned, but I did have ethical and situational questions similar to what you are talking about. I expected questions like "Why Wingate?" and was fully ready to answer that question because I was very impressed with the school, but unfortunately they never asked! If you were there last Friday, we probably met. I was in Group 1, so if you were in 1 or 2 we had the same group interview...

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. I think they have a wide variety of questions that they ask, but just be prepared to think on your feet and be yourself... which is the whole purpose of an interview anyway!

Hey, did you interview last Friday, the 16th? I didn't have any questions about current pharmacy issues like Rx4Misery mentioned, but I did have ethical and situational questions similar to what you are talking about. I expected questions like "Why Wingate?" and was fully ready to answer that question because I was very impressed with the school, but unfortunately they never asked! If you were there last Friday, we probably met. I was in Group 1, so if you were in 1 or 2 we had the same group interview...

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. I think they have a wide variety of questions that they ask, but just be prepared to think on your feet and be yourself... which is the whole purpose of an interview anyway!
Yes, I interviewed Friday the 16th, and was in Group 2. We probably did meet. During the group session, if you stood in the doorway, I was the guy sitting in the back-right corner. It's funny, I was prepared to answer questions like that too. I have to give the school props for its uniqueness; but not only the school itself, the interview session as well. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

congratulations to u ..who got accepted ..

good luck to .u...who got interviewed ..

is there any one ..that heard anything from Wingate ...recently??

I have an interview on the 13th and I can't wait.

i received a call yesterday for an invite March 6th......:D

I was also part of the Jan. 16 crowd, and I got accepted the following week. As others stated above Wingate's curriculum really stood out to me, but I am stuck between Wingate and ETSU, which I also got accepted to. Did anybody else interview at ETSU?

I was also part of the Jan. 16 crowd, and I got accepted the following week. As others stated above Wingate's curriculum really stood out to me, but I am stuck between Wingate and ETSU, which I also got accepted to. Did anybody else interview at ETSU?

Well, I didn't interview at ETSU, but one advantage of choosing Wingate over ETSU is that Wingate has already graduated a few classes. With their 100% passing rates on the NAPLEX, it is evident that students can learn well and ultimately be successful pharmacists with the curriculum at Wingate. This is not to say that ETSU won't have successful students or anything, there is just no way to tell at this point.

Have you sent in the Wingate deposit yet? It's due Monday for our interview group, just FYI :)

Well, I didn't interview at ETSU, but one advantage of choosing Wingate over ETSU is that Wingate has already graduated a few classes. With their 100% passing rates on the NAPLEX, it is evident that students can learn well and ultimately be successful pharmacists with the curriculum at Wingate. This is not to say that ETSU won't have successful students or anything, there is just no way to tell at this point.

Have you sent in the Wingate deposit yet? It's due Monday for our interview group, just FYI :)

I know how good of an opportunity Wingate is for me, but I can't get over how nice everybody at ETSU is. The dean personally called everybody who got accepted, and when I went to interview it was like going to a family reunion (in a good way). I feel like I SHOULD go to Wingate, but I feel like I WANT to go to ETSU. It's definitely the hardest decision of my life.

As far as the deposit, (I read the letter many, many times) it states that it is due ten BUSINESS days from the date of the letter which puts it at Feb. 5th. (I don't know if our letters have the same date or not). I really don't want to part with that much money unless I'm sure that I want to go there.

I know how good of an opportunity Wingate is for me, but I can't get over how nice everybody at ETSU is. The dean personally called everybody who got accepted, and when I went to interview it was like going to a family reunion (in a good way). I feel like I SHOULD go to Wingate, but I feel like I WANT to go to ETSU. It's definitely the hardest decision of my life.

As far as the deposit, (I read the letter many, many times) it states that it is due ten BUSINESS days from the date of the letter which puts it at Feb. 5th. (I don't know if our letters have the same date or not). I really don't want to part with that much money unless I'm sure that I want to go there.

Well, that's a fair statement. You should go wherever you think you will feel most comfortable. If you think that Wingate wasn't a good fit for you, you shouldn't go there because you feel like you "should." If you "want" to go somewhere else, you should choose the school that is the best fit for you. But, I can see that it would be a difficult decision.

And ya, my letter was dated January 20th, putting 10 business days at February 2nd (Monday), if you count the 20th as day 1. So, I guess our letters must have been dated on different days.

Good luck with your decision :) I haven't been able to make my final decision yet simply because I still have more interviews, but I did send my deposit to Wingate because I was impressed with their program so perhaps I will see you there if we both end up deciding on Wingate.

I had an interview on January 23rd and got accepted the 29th...here's my list so far...

Wingate-interview January 23rd, accepted 29th
LECOM Bradenton-Interview January 20th, accepted January 28th
LECOM Erie-Interview January 28th
Midwestern Chicago-Interview January 21st, waiting for response
St. John Fisher New York-Interview January 30th, waiting for response

Rejected by Howard in D.C. and Mercer in Georgia

Waiting on 5 others...

Hey, I have an interview on January 16th as well!

Are you from NC? I'm flying from Illinois.

See you there!

Where from IL are you from...I'm from Yorkville, its like 45 minutes from Chicago...I actually drove to my interview at Wingate...it took around 12.5 hours. My other alternative was to fly into Charlotte and take a taxi an hour to Wingate...I'm 20 so I cant rent a car...the whole trip with hotel only cost me $150, which was awesome!

Where from IL are you from...I'm from Yorkville, its like 45 minutes from Chicago...I actually drove to my interview at Wingate...it took around 12.5 hours. My other alternative was to fly into Charlotte and take a taxi an hour to Wingate...I'm 20 so I cant rent a car...the whole trip with hotel only cost me $150, which was awesome!

I'm from the northwest part of Illinois. That is a LONG drive. I had to fly simply because I can't afford to miss that much class. Did you like Wingate? I see you've been accepted to LECOM-B too. Have you made a decision between the two? I sent my deposit into Wingate since mine is due on Monday, but I do still have other interviews and a few decisions to hear back about so I'm not 100% going there yet.

I'm from the northwest part of Illinois. That is a LONG drive. I had to fly simply because I can't afford to miss that much class. Did you like Wingate? I see you've been accepted to LECOM-B too. Have you made a decision between the two? I sent my deposit into Wingate since mine is due on Monday, but I do still have other interviews and a few decisions to hear back about so I'm not 100% going there yet.

I really did like Wingate...their program stood out the most to me, how you start rotations in your first year...and it felt like one big happy family there, between the students and staff. However, right now I'm leaning towards LECOM-B...I really liked the campus and the surrounding city atmosphere, and the weather of course...Wingate is a TINY town, and I dont like the $2,000 deposit and short amount of time to respond. Its a really tough decision though, I'm still waiting on NSU in Ft Lauderdale and UIC...both are two schools I want to interview at.

interview invite 1/8, interviewed 2/13, acceptance letter sent same day as interview and received in mail 2/14 (I live approx. 2 hours from Wingate)!

Interviewed 02/20 and I got my acceptance letter today 02/23!!!

Interviewed 2/13 got acceptance letter 2/16 sent in deposit 2/21. See ya in August!!

I received a phone call today inviting me to interview on March 6th.

Dropping off my deposit at the post office tonight!

I have an interview on 3/13....anyone going to be there? Anyone interested in giving me some advice? After researching the school, and town, it seems like a really awesome place to go, so any help getting in would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you for the advise....i really dont like those situational questions. But hopefully i can summon up good enough answers for an acceptance!

interviewed on the 27th, acceptance letter received on the 28th!, mailing out my deposit this week!

interviewed on the 27th, acceptance letter received on the 28th!, mailing out my deposit this week!

Congrats RRoady! I was there on the 27th too. I don't live in NC, so I wonder if I'll hear from them tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope so. :) Edit: I think I know who you are too. Wasn't too many guys at the interview. :p

I have an interview on 3/13....anyone going to be there? Anyone interested in giving me some advice? After researching the school, and town, it seems like a really awesome place to go, so any help getting in would be MUCH appreciated.

hey, i have an interview on the 13th as well, looking forward to it...and i've heard too that acceptance letters get mailed out the same day as the interview...

see you there frenchierx! Hopefully we will kick some butt.

Good luck you too. It's a really great school. The interview wasn't difficult at all, and the group project wasn't bad either. :)

I can't believe it! I've been accepted to Wingate!!!

I'm more suprised that the letter arrived today in Texas!

Now I have some tough decisions ahead of me to make since this is my 2nd acceptance!