Wingate University interviews and acceptances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't believe it! I've been accepted to Wingate!!!

I'm more suprised that the letter arrived today in Texas!

Now I have some tough decisions ahead of me to make since this is my 2nd acceptance!

Yeah. Good luck with that $2000 deposit too. :p JK Congrats. Maybe we'll be classmates. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. Good luck with that $2000 deposit too. :p JK Congrats. Maybe we'll be classmates. :D

Thanks, Nikki! It's a large deposit, no doubt.

I'm going to call tomorrow, but does anyone know if they will happen to offer an extension on the deposit so I can come back up there with my fiancee and visit the area together?

The dollar amount isn't a deciding factor, but at the same time I don't want to just give it away. If I could have just a little more time to decide...

I'll probably end up going here since it is the only fully accredited school I to which I have been accepted. Why can't these kinds of decisions be easy???

WHOOOOO HOOO! I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER!! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied late december... Is it a bad sign if i haven't received an interview invite yet because i know they send interview invites through the end of the March... Any one else on the same boat?

I applied late december... Is it a bad sign if i haven't received an interview invite yet because i know they send interview invites through the end of the March... Any one else on the same boat?

Email them to see what may be holding your application up. I was in a similar boat. I applied in August, sent in my supplemental in October, but never heard anything until a few weeks ago. I emailed them to see what was going on and as it turns out, they sent me an email that I never received to ask me a few questions to ensure that all prereqs would be completed by this semester. Your application will be considered incomplete if you can not have all prereqs finished by this spring semester. They will not accept summer classes.

Email them to see what may be holding your application up. I was in a similar boat. I applied in August, sent in my supplemental in October, but never heard anything until a few weeks ago. I emailed them to see what was going on and as it turns out, they sent me an email that I never received to ask me a few questions to ensure that all prereqs would be completed by this semester. Your application will be considered incomplete if you can not have all prereqs finished by this spring semester. They will not accept summer classes.

All my Pre-req courses were done last semester, and Jean told me that nothing is holding up my application. I guess the waiting game will continue

Does anyone know when the last interview date is?

I'm not sure. During my tour of the pharmacy building, one of the tour guides did mention that there are interviews in April, but I don't know specifics.

All my Pre-req courses were done last semester, and Jean told me that nothing is holding up my application. I guess the waiting game will continue

Waiting is never fun. Good luck while you wait.

I'm guessing you made your choice, cdhoward? :p

Pretty much. I'll send in my deposit next week. I'll make my final decision once I evaluate both award letters. It will take a ton of grants and scholarships to get me to go to Regis and I don't think they will be able to make up the difference of not having the pharmacy professional school loans available. They consider their P1s as undergrads.

Just curious...

Does anyone know what the average stats are for the classes that began in 2007 or 2008? I know the stats are listed on Wingate's website for the 2006 incoming class.

i just got a call today for an interview, apparently it's their last group to go through, and its Friday (27th), anyone else going to be there? should i be optimistic?

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got a call today for an interview, apparently it's their last group to go through, and its Friday (27th), anyone else going to be there? should i be optimistic?

Just do your best. The interview wasn't stressful at all for me, and they let you know really fast. You should have your results in the mail Monday or Tuesday depending on where you live. :)

thanks! just wondering, does anyone know the tuition for out of state residents? there is nothing online and i didnt know if they gave that info out at the interview?

thanks! just wondering, does anyone know the tuition for out of state residents? there is nothing online and i didnt know if they gave that info out at the interview?

Wingate is a private university, so tuition is the same for both instate and out of state students. It can be found on their site. :)

i have another question, i was accepted to a school that uses alot of technology, and i love it, is wingate the same? Are classes recorded and then made available online? are labs broad casted to individual lap tops during class?

i have another question, i was accepted to a school that uses alot of technology, and i love it, is wingate the same? Are classes recorded and then made available online? are labs broad casted to individual lap tops during class?

I'm not sure about the lectures being recorded and labs broadcasted, but it seems that Wingate used a fair amount of technology. It requires all students to have a laptop, and a lot of assignments are done over the internet. They also provide access to different journals and such online.

Does anybody know how many people have been accepted so far at Wingate or how many seats are left?

I have a friend who was wait listed. Anyone in the same boat or know what his chances may be for still being admitted?

I was interviewed 02/13 and got accepted 02/16:):). Wingate does not waste time in giving responses. I spoke to a credible source who told me they had their last interviews in the first week of April. This admissions cycle has been closed. If u have not been called yet, I regret to say that you have not been approved. I am just being honest with you because I have insider information from wingate;). The only thing about wingate i disliked was the $2000 dollar deposit. That is not cool at all.:mad::mad::mad:

If you are on the waitlist, I assure you that you still have a legitimate chance. Those who have not been called for interviews by now have no chance.

I know wingate has already accepted about 80 students from what I saw in the new student acceptance directory. That is about the size of the expected class. Just hope and pray that some people decline

i got waitlisted too, lame
If you are on the waitlist, I assure you that you still have a legitimate chance. Those who have not been called for interviews by now have no chance.

I know wingate has already accepted about 80 students from what I saw in the new student acceptance directory. That is about the size of the expected class. Just hope and pray that some people decline

I have a friend who was wait listed. Anyone in the same boat or know what his chances may be for still being admitted?

Does anybody know how many people have been accepted so far at Wingate or how many seats are left?

Just curious...

Does anyone know what the average stats are for the classes that began in 2007 or 2008? I know the stats are listed on Wingate's website for the 2006 incoming class.

71%pcat and 3.6 GPA

I officially gave up my seat today. I hate to part with the deposit, but I'll make it up in the end.

Good luck to everyone attending and I hope that any of you waiting on the alternate list will receive my spot.