-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wisconsin 2014!
Started by cowgirla
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OK guys - for the IS *acceptances*, today was the first day they may have mailed them out (talked to someone on the adcomm yesterday and they had not yet had them mailed). So acceptances - look for Tuesday or Wednesday (Monday's president's day...booo....)
Congratulations peoples. Let me tell you, turning down WI was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, as DVMorBust can attest. I to this day have regrets about it -- I was the one who turned them down the week before classes started. 👎 Again congrats, and enjoy Madison.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for all of the information, guys! I'm really excited to visit and see the school. Wisconsin was always my "mystery horse" in the application race as I thought I had NOOOO chance of getting in - look at the odds of getting an OOS letter! Ridiculous! I haven't given a whole lot of serious thought to the possibility of attending because I assumed it wasn't in the cards. All of the info from current students make it sound fantastic, and I can't wait to see it for myself!
On my letter it said that they took 3 off the IS alternate list last year 🙁 So I am thinking I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in this cycle...
I know if I was in your shoes I would be thinking the same thing, but there have been past years where they took up to ten off of the alternate list so don't give up all hope yet...
Ok, so I have been living on SDN for the past 48 hours searching for every scrap of info on the waitlists in the past.
From what I was able to gather, they actually went through #5 on the waitlist for 2013 because some ppl on the waitlist deferred or withdrew (so they don't count as being accepted off the IS waitlist). And the years before last were:
2012: #11
2011: #6
2010: #13
...so I am feeling slightly better right now...slightly.
(In reality---------->)
From what I was able to gather, they actually went through #5 on the waitlist for 2013 because some ppl on the waitlist deferred or withdrew (so they don't count as being accepted off the IS waitlist). And the years before last were:
2012: #11
2011: #6
2010: #13
...so I am feeling slightly better right now...slightly.
(In reality---------->)

🙂 Anyone in/going to Madison consider themselves an equestrian?
I'm really really really looking to get a horse and was wondering if anyone had a good place to board in the area (willing to drive around 1/2 hour!)
I'm really really really looking to get a horse and was wondering if anyone had a good place to board in the area (willing to drive around 1/2 hour!)
🙂 Anyone in/going to Madison consider themselves an equestrian?
I'm really really really looking to get a horse and was wondering if anyone had a good place to board in the area (willing to drive around 1/2 hour!)
PM me with what sort of barn you'd want to ride at (specific discipline/stall vs rough board/etc.)- I know of a bunch in the area.
To anyone who has heard from Wisconsin via mail/email:
Did they send you a sheet with the breakdown of which schools the accepted class is from? I know in the past they have, but I wasn't sure if they were following the same protocol this year.
Did they send you a sheet with the breakdown of which schools the accepted class is from? I know in the past they have, but I wasn't sure if they were following the same protocol this year.
Is it safe to assume that all the OOS acceptances have gone out?
I saw this thread "bump" and I had a heart attack!!! Thought maybe you (Hopeful2014 and cowgirla) were in some weird "we don't recognize President's Day and so we decided to deliver your mail" universe... I was REALLY jealous for a second there. 🙂
I live in Wyoming, and we don't always get our mail delivered on "normal" days (for example, Friday and Saturday of last week). I'm hoping mail comes this week 🙂xf🙂, and that there are still some OOS letters floating around in federal holiday limbo.
I live in Wyoming, and we don't always get our mail delivered on "normal" days (for example, Friday and Saturday of last week). I'm hoping mail comes this week 🙂xf🙂, and that there are still some OOS letters floating around in federal holiday limbo.
I saw this thread "bump" and I had a heart attack!!!
My sincerest apologies, GSDgirl!! I debated posting something for that very reason but I'm too anxious to just sit and wait for for the mail tomorrow! 🙂
To anyone who has heard from Wisconsin via mail/email:
Did they send you a sheet with the breakdown of which schools the accepted class is from? I know in the past they have, but I wasn't sure if they were following the same protocol this year.
I'll let you know when I get my letter. Still hasn't come yet.
No letter here either yet, I'm kind of stressing about like "What if they called the wrong person? What if I didn't get in? AUGH".
Anyone know when official letters come out?
Anyone know when official letters come out?
No letter here either yet, I'm kind of stressing about like "What if they called the wrong person? What if I didn't get in? AUGH".
Anyone know when official letters come out?
I never thought of it that way! Don't suggest such things! 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when official letters come out?
A friend in the Wisconsin class of 2013 said they were told that letters were mailed Friday...
No letter here either yet, I'm kind of stressing about like "What if they called the wrong person? What if I didn't get in? AUGH".
Anyone know when official letters come out?
Ugh, me too. I am driving boyfriend crazy with this line of thinking/obsessing. I won't rest completely easy until I have that letter in my hands.
I hope its letter day!! 
Wish I could pack a PBJ and spend the day at the mailbox... I'm going to be out of the house all day. 🙁
Good luck SDNers! (Let's dominate that OOS pool!) As a former Badger, I hope that by the end of the day, we're all 'sconnies! On Wisconsin!

Wish I could pack a PBJ and spend the day at the mailbox... I'm going to be out of the house all day. 🙁
Good luck SDNers! (Let's dominate that OOS pool!) As a former Badger, I hope that by the end of the day, we're all 'sconnies! On Wisconsin!
I did too! Big manila envelope
I received my alternate status and I am in disbelief that they would even send out a number this high -- 159?? Seems a little silly. Did anyone else receive a similar rank? 😕
Ranked 116 here

Last edited:
I can't take this waiting! I think I'm going to have to morph my arms into swords and chase the mail truck Terminator 2 style
I received my alternate status and I am in disbelief that they would even send out a number this high -- 159?? Seems a little silly. Did anyone else receive a similar rank? 😕
Look on the bright side...they didnt reject you
🙁
Well GOOD news is a waitlist letter 😍
BAD news is an OOS rank of #71
Seems unlikely I would have a snowball's chance in h*ll with that number but maybe if they rank out to the 150+s?????
Anyway I am hopeful it means I will be a competitive applicant at ISU and MN as well
BAD news is an OOS rank of #71
Seems unlikely I would have a snowball's chance in h*ll with that number but maybe if they rank out to the 150+s?????
Anyway I am hopeful it means I will be a competitive applicant at ISU and MN as well

Look on the bright side...they didnt reject you
🙁
Sorry 🙁 Didn't mean to be inconsiderate with my post. I just I guess wondering, hoping that it was a typo? 😛
For those of you who got acceptances, first off, major congrats!! 😀 Secondly, DID they send the breakdown of schools that they accepted from? Could someone potentially share? I'm 30 miles away from my "current" mailing address until tomorrow afternoon and might just burst from impatience (and I know I'm the only person applying from my undergrad this cycle).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who got acceptances, first off, major congrats!! 😀 Secondly, DID they send the breakdown of schools that they accepted from? Could someone potentially share? I'm 30 miles away from my "current" mailing address until tomorrow afternoon and might just burst from impatience (and I know I'm the only person applying from my undergrad this cycle).
I got my packet today--no breakdown of where the accept-ees are from, just a welcome letter, RSVP for the open house, an accept/decline form, list of students we can bother with questions, and a page of information about the academic calendar, health and housing.
Got my packet today in the mail! Very impressed with the list of current students available to answer questions; so far Wisconsin has really added a nice personal touch to this whole process. I think I'm going to start looking up airfare for the weekend of the 26th! 🙂
Hoping a current student can give me some advice: I'm looking up flights to Madison from Philadelphia for the open house weekend. Do you think a flight that lands at 9:17 am local time would give me enough time to get to check in at my hotel and then get to the school? This trip will involve me taking time off of work, and I'd like to avoid taking time on Thursday if I can manage it by catching a flight really early Friday morning. Also, any hotel recommendations? Do I need a car or is walking/bus/metro/taxi sufficient? Thanks for any help you can give me!
Rejected 🙁
Just waiting on Davis now
Just waiting on Davis now
hahaha #152 here! sooo how can i convince 151 of you to choose another school/career? 😉 lol, jk. anyways, congrats to everyone who got in, and to us alternates, no matter what number! at the very least their letter was more personal than missouri's...
Got the acceptance letter today! Although OSU, Iowa State, and Purdue are great, its hard to turn down $100,000+ cheaper schooling!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping a current student can give me some advice: I'm looking up flights to Madison from Philadelphia for the open house weekend. Do you think a flight that lands at 9:17 am local time would give me enough time to get to check in at my hotel and then get to the school? This trip will involve me taking time off of work, and I'd like to avoid taking time on Thursday if I can manage it by catching a flight really early Friday morning. Also, any hotel recommendations? Do I need a car or is walking/bus/metro/taxi sufficient? Thanks for any help you can give me!
Congrats! 🙂
So, I don't know what time the open house starts but it should take you about 15-20 minutes to get to the vet school from the airport. Also, I haven't stayed here but the Best Western Inn Towner & the Highland Club is really close to school.
PM me if you have any other questions!!! 😀
Waitlisted and honored to be there considering how competitive it was. 🙂.
Wow P! You got a kick ass rank! You go girl!
Rejected auh-gain. I'm getting wayyyy too comfortable with the rejection thread. It's ok though, I don't really like the cold anyhow.
Comeonnn Tuskegee and Oklahoma!!! Show me some luv
Comeonnn Tuskegee and Oklahoma!!! Show me some luv

Hoping a current student can give me some advice: I'm looking up flights to Madison from Philadelphia for the open house weekend. Do you think a flight that lands at 9:17 am local time would give me enough time to get to check in at my hotel and then get to the school? This trip will involve me taking time off of work, and I'd like to avoid taking time on Thursday if I can manage it by catching a flight really early Friday morning. Also, any hotel recommendations? Do I need a car or is walking/bus/metro/taxi sufficient? Thanks for any help you can give me!
The thing they sent us says the open house starts at noon and they start handing out parking passes at 11:45, which sounds like enough time to me, if you're flying into Madison (note: I'm speaking from common sense, not actual experience). I WISH I could fly in the morning of! Or even fly out the day of. Sadly, neither of those save-money plans worked out flying from the West Coast. 🙁 So...expensive...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 664
- Replies
- 39
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 644
- Views
- 85K
