Wisconsin MPJE Advice/Study Tips - 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunnyPharmD123

Reaction score
I recently took and passed the WI MPJE and wanted to share my experience and advice/tips in hopes of helping others who may be taking it. My background: I currently work as an Ambulatory Care Pharmacist and am licensed in two other states - Illinois and Indiana. I have not worked in the retail/community setting in ~4 years (which is what the majority of any MPJE questions target).

I started studying ~3 weeks before my exam - 3-4 hours on weekdays and 4-5 hours on weekends. I would highly recommend signing up for the online WI MPJE review course offered by MCW - it is $49 for current students/residents and $99 for pharmacists. The course consists of 9 modules - each module has review videos, handouts (that you fill in while watching the videos), and assessment questions. The handouts list all of the corresponding statues which I reviewed just to make sure that the videos did not leave anything out. There is also a forum where you can submit questions to the MCW law professor which I took advantage of. This MCW review course is the single most helpful resource you will find and is really the only thing I used to prepare for the exam. I reviewed each module, including completing the assessment questions, at least 3-4 times and felt very comfortable about the material. The only other study material I used was the Wisconsin Pharmacy Law Review packet offered by PSW - I obtained a copy from a friend who had purchased it but you can purchase it on PSW's website for $75 (I honestly don't think it's worth the price). I only reviewed this packet once - 99% of the material is covered in the MCW review course (there were a few bits about institutional practice that were in the packet but not in the MCW review course).

I took my exam on 2/19 and had a long wait to get my results (the WI BOP is very slow at processing applications and exam results). I stalked the BOP Application Status portal as well as NABP's website (even though WI does not allow NABP to post MPJE scores) multiple times a day. My exam status changed to "Examination Closed" on 2/28 which meant that NABP submitted my MPJE score to the WI BOP. I did not receive confirmation that I passed until 3/9 - I received an email from the WI BOP stating my license had been issued as well as an email with my score results (pass or fail).

I wish you the best of luck as you prepare to take the WI MPJE - you've got this!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently took and passed the WI MPJE and wanted to share my experience and advice/tips in hopes of helping others who may be taking it. My background: I currently work as an Ambulatory Care Pharmacist and am licensed in two other states - Illinois and Indiana. I have not worked in the retail/community setting in ~4 years (which is what the majority of any MPJE questions target).

I started studying ~3 weeks before my exam - 3-4 hours on weekdays and 4-5 hours on weekends. I would highly recommend signing up for the online WI MPJE review course offered by MCW - it is $49 for current students/residents and $99 for pharmacists. The course consists of 9 modules - each module has review videos, handouts (that you fill in while watching the videos), and assessment questions. The handouts list all of the corresponding statues which I reviewed just to make sure that the videos did not leave anything out. There is also a forum where you can submit questions to the MCW law professor which I took advantage of. This MCW review course is the single most helpful resource you will find and is really the only thing I used to prepare for the exam. I reviewed each module, including completing the assessment questions, at least 3-4 times and felt very comfortable about the material. The only other study material I used was the Wisconsin Pharmacy Law Review packet offered by PSW - I obtained a copy from a friend who had purchased it but you can purchase it on PSW's website for $75 (I honestly don't think it's worth the price). I only reviewed this packet once - 99% of the material is covered in the MCW review course (there were a few bits about institutional practice that were in the packet but not in the MCW review course).

I took my exam on 2/19 and had a long wait to get my results (the WI BOP is very slow at processing applications and exam results). I stalked the BOP Application Status portal as well as NABP's website (even though WI does not allow NABP to post MPJE scores) multiple times a day. My exam status changed to "Examination Closed" on 2/28 which meant that NABP submitted my MPJE score to the WI BOP. I did not receive confirmation that I passed until 3/9 - I received an email from the WI BOP stating my license had been issued as well as an email with my score results (pass or fail).

I wish you the best of luck as you prepare to take the WI MPJE - you've got this!
The MPJE for reciprocity is a scam.It is a test that should be taken at home for ten bucks with instant results.Another *****ic rule is the requirement you have to renew your original license or else you can't practice in another state.You would think APha would take a stand but they are in bed with the boards and boards with the chains.What a racket.