With my GPA, what MCAT do i need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFeelGood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently studying for the April MCAT. I'm enrolled in Princeton Review.

I graduated with a 3.65 honor's gpa. 5 Yrs of volunteering, 2 years of research, I currently work as a medical assistant. Im trying to get a DO to shadow.

What MCAT would get me an interview to ANY DO school in the US? On an average? Im having a hard time studying for verbal considering English is my 3rd language.

Thanks
Micheal

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming you will do fine on the bio and phys sections (10+), I think if you get at least a 6 on the verbal you will get interviews at most places.

If I had to pic a cummulative MCAT score to get lots of interviews with those credentials I would say 25 and above.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted to UHS and I only had a 21 on my MCAT: 5 Verbal, 8 Physical, and 8 Bio. I have a lot of health care experience, community service, etc. I also have a lot of health care certifications: EMT, Phlebotomist, working on respiratory therapist, athletic trainer for four years.
My GPA was about 3.4

So anything is possible!!!

Chris

Depends alot on where you're from and where you are living. My GPA was about 3.5, and I scored 29 on the MCAT's. I'm from Oregon and I got November interviews and subsequent offers from all of the western schools, but nothing from PCOM, NOVA, or UNECOM which were the Eastern schools that I applied to. I interviewed with a guy from Jersey who had attended UC San Diego who had similar credentials, and he did get an interview from PCOM with subsequent acceptance. Alot of the eastern schools try and recruit as locally as possible. It's not fare, but that's the way it goes.

PS: There are people in my class that scored as low as 21. So anything's possible.