With these DAT score and GPA what schools would possibly accept me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiwonseo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my DAT scores are
PAT 25
QR 22
RC 18
Bio 20
GC 25
OC 21
TS 22
AA 21

my overall GPA : 3.71 and Sci GPA 3.68

i did horrable in RC and i know i can't get better in a short period of time
and i don't wish to retake DAT.

Anyone know if i have a chance for UCLA/ UCSF/ Penn

i have not submitted my applications yet (ADEA is extremely slow in updating my transcrupt--- it's been 2wks from the date my last trascript got sent out.)

i know i have very short chance in UCSF because of the dead line as well

any suggestions ? to other good schools??

Members don't see this ad.

my DAT scores are
PAT 25
QR 22
RC 18
Bio 20
GC 25
OC 21
TS 22
AA 21

i have not submitted my applications yet (ADEA is extremely slow in updating my transcrupt--- it's been 2wks from the date my last trascript got sent out.)

You have great stats and don't have to retake, an 18 in RC is competitive. I'd say you'd be competitive at all 3 schools if you had applied earlier, but it's a little late in the game. Still, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

my DAT scores are
PAT 25
QR 22
RC 18
Bio 20
GC 25
OC 21
TS 22
AA 21

Its not just those schools you'll struggle with and the reason is.....your GPA and DAT are low

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not just those schools you'll struggle with and the reason is.....your GPA and DAT are low

I second this. I have a friend who got 3.8999 BCP, 3.88 sGPA and 25 DAT couldnt get in last cycle. The adcom told him that his DAT was too low. He gave up on dental schools and applied to Pharmacy instead.

dude
you're made one of the biggest decisions of your life (choosing your career), have committed, and worked for it. Then do some research and find out which schools look for what kinda score, GPA, ECs,
There are a plenty of info out there.

No one can tell you whether you can get accepted or not 100%.
be confident and bold(and u should be b/c u have good stats) and apply to ur dream schools.

Who cares if you get rejected? u can't invest $150 for ur future?

don't ask people whether you can get in here or which school I should apply.
It is your life and your life decision. why asking someone to make a life decision for you

PS I apologize if you think that I'm being too rude. I just thought that this was ridiculous. No hard feelings. just love :)

I heart sarcasm haha

my concern is that i am late in applying

since i took the DAT today and ADEA still did not update one of my transcript i was thinking i was cutting edges to these schools

Most stat i saw was mean stat, not for a late applicant, like myself.

i was wondering how greatly it would matter (i am planing to submit application on this friday or coming Monday- 9/26 as i expect the transcription issue would be resolved by then)

my concern is that i am late in applying

since i took the DAT today and ADEA still did not update one of my transcript i was thinking i was cutting edges to these schools

Most stat i saw was mean stat, not for a late applicant, like myself.

i was wondering how greatly it would matter (i am planing to submit application on this friday or coming Monday- 9/26 as i expect the transcription issue would be resolved by then)

your best shot is Penn; if you're a uc student and have research and there is something special about you ( whatever that thing is) you may have a shot at ucsf. I would say very low chance of getting in at ucla with your RC score ( even if you're immigrant etc ...) , good luck

Getting accepted to a good school, while GPA and scores matter, can be up to the person accepting application is having a good or bad day.. as others have said, $150 is not a lot of $$ when considering what your applying for! (your future, lifestyle, career, etc.)

Getting accepted to a good school, while GPA and scores matter, can be up to the person accepting application is having a good or bad day.. as others have said, $150 is not a lot of $$ when considering what your applying for! (your future, lifestyle, career, etc.)

so true.

To OP: You know your stats are very good. I would apply because not doing so would dealy your career plans by 1 whole year, for no reason other than not knowing whether you will be accepted. ( which is a reality all applicants face)

I see peoples scores and gpa on here and I get scared. I would be happy to have stats like that! I just feel like an average student trying to do my best to get into Dschool.