With these stats what mcat for mayo clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marleynarley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming junior with a 3.6 gpa, I have been working in a research lab for a year, I also work at a clinic translating for Spanish only speaking patients, and am Hispanic. With what kind if mcat score could I be competitive to go to mayo clinic. Or should I stop dreaming.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an incoming junior with a 3.6 gpa, I have been working in a research lab for a year, I also work at a clinic translating for Spanish only speaking patients, and am Hispanic. With what kind if mcat score could I be competitive to go to mayo clinic. Or should I stop dreaming.

No one can tell you. Mayo rejects 40+ MCATs all the time. Take NickNaylor for example. I mean, you could have a 4.0/45 and still not be guaranteed an interview with Mayo, or any other school for that matter. Just do your best and see how the cycle plays out.

I get the feeling that Mayo likes people with high GPA rather than high MCAT. To be safe, raise your GPA to ~3.8

You can't put all your eggs in one basket in this instance. The way in which schools accept and reject applicants can appear very random in the sense that plenty of "qualified" applicants get rejected from schools they thought they were competitive for and vice versa. You can always hope to get into certain schools, but don't plan the success of your application cycle on whether or not you get into a specific school. As DAPI said, "Just do your best and see how the cycle plays out"