Withdrawal Impact Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCOOPEER

Reaction score
Hello all,
Unfortunately I have had to make the decision to withdraw from Physics 1 in the summer session due to my work schedule being so demanding that I was unable to study as much as I needed to in order to do well in the accelerated course format. I graduated this spring with a 4.0 and only have physics 1&2 left to complete for my prerequisites. I plan on taking the MCAT in the spring of 24 (taking 2 gap years). I was wondering whether or not this W will hurt me given it is a prerequisite course and it may seem that I am trying to protect my gpa. This is my only W thus far. Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
Unfortunately I have had to make the decision to withdraw from Physics 1 in the summer session due to my work schedule being so demanding that I was unable to study as much as I needed to in order to do well in the accelerated course format. I graduated this spring with a 4.0 and only have physics 1&2 left to complete for my prerequisites. I plan on taking the MCAT in the spring of 24 (taking 2 gap years). I was wondering whether or not this W will hurt me given it is a prerequisite course and it may seem that I am trying to protect my gpa. This is my only W thus far. Thanks in advance!!
It won't have any effect, you didn't fail the course but just decided to take it later.
Make sure you withdrew by your school's deadlines

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It won't have any effect, you didn't fail the course but just decided to take it later.
Make sure you withdrew by your school's deadlines
Thank you!! Would it be ok to still apply without these courses completed with the intent to complete them prior to matriculation if accepted??

This is totally fine. However, I will note that if you’re just heading for a B then it may not be worth your time and money to start over again from scratch and presumably pay the enrollment fee a second time. There is no difference between a 4.0 and a 3.98

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all,
No Adcom will care.

Ws are not Fs

Reactions: 1 user
Explain why you have to withdraw. You need the money. Just understand that you must have a plan to take it before the end of the year, ideally calendar year (December).
Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to the calendar year prior to matriculation or this year?