Withdrawing Application

spicyboi

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
  1. Medical Student
    Hey everyone!

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions:

I'm applying 2018 cycle this year MD and DO. There a few schools I sent primary applications to, but have since changed my mind about applying there. This decision was based mostly on the financial burden the secondary apps have, and a recent decrease in my own financial capacity. How would I go about withdrawing my application? Is this a good idea?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
    10+ Year Member
    Gold Member
    Jul 26, 2009
    The Big Bad Apple
    1. Non-Student
      Hey everyone!

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions:

I'm applying 2018 cycle this year MD and DO. There a few schools I sent primary applications to, but have since changed my mind about applying there. This decision was based mostly on the financial burden the secondary apps have, and a recent decrease in my own financial capacity. How would I go about withdrawing my application? Is this a good idea?

I think by not submitting the secondary that's as good as withdrawing?

1) Once an AMCAS application has been transmitted to a school, you are considered to have applied and will be a reapplicant to that school in the future, regardless of sending a secondary or not.
      2) not sending a secondary will be effectively not completing an application and therefore withdrawing
      3) You should contact the school or check their applicant portal on how to formally withdraw your application. You should do this so your file gets closed

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.