Withdrawing from a program on ERAS..refund?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilJon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied to a program yesterday but have now decided I dont want to even bother with it after talking to a friend. They had not downloaded anything yet when i withdrew my application. Does anyone know if i get to apply to another program without having to pay extra, or did i just lose some money???

Members don't see this ad.

So I applied to a program yesterday but have now decided I dont want to even bother with it after talking to a friend. They had not downloaded anything yet when i withdrew my application. Does anyone know if i get to apply to another program without having to pay extra, or did i just lose some money???

I think you just threw some money down the drain... haven't you learn anything about this whole journey through obtaining an MD diploma? the $100 processing fee for your secondary application for med school (only to be rejected the day after cashing your check) should of been a clue :D

ERAS states very clearly in red lettering on the page where you make payment (and any other place they can possibly reiterate the point), that you do not get your money back if you withdraw, or apply to a program in error.

Just FYI, us programs get nothing of your application fees. We have to pay to register with ERAS as programs. So, all your fees go into the ERAS coffers.