Withdrawing from a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently I was verbally told that I have been accepted to Pritzker. I have not received official documentation yet. I have also been accepted at another school. If I do not receive the offical documents before the 15th, what do I do? I do not want to withdraw from the first school until I receive official notification.

Members don't see this ad.

Call Pritzker and ask them when the letter is being sent -- or nicely suggest that you would like the deal in writing. I would definitely not withdraw from you other school until you have formerly been accepted into the class of the other. If they have not yet sent you a letter, then don't worry about the May 15th deadline because you have only been accepted to one school. Moral of the story -- call the new school and get the letter!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITHDRAW FROM THE OTHER SCHOOL UNTIL YOU HAVE SOMETHING IN WRITING FROM PRITZGER!!!

The May 15th deadline is only for those hoding multiple acceptances. Without something in writing you would be screwed if something happened.

BTW, Congrats :clap:

zeek: congrats on the multiple acceptances and especially the one to Pritzker!

i confer with the previous SDNers that you should wait the extra day or two. It's not May 15 yet anyway.

if you dont mind, what were your stats and undergrad and are you still holding on to waitlists at schools u like better than Pritzker?