withdrawing from physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got back my second midterm, I am in the lowest 4% of the class on that one test. About 40% on the first midterm. The corresponding scores were 62% and 29%. Fortunately, we have three midterms and drop the lowest score. Even with the dropped score I feel like I will get a C in the class, B- at best. I spent around 5-6 hours the few days before the second test on practice problems, but still choked. I'm in the calculus based series, so if I did withdraw I would take the non-calc series next year. Is it a really bad idea to withdraw from a pre-req in the 7th week of the quarter?

Members don't see this ad.

Drop it. I withdrew from a bunch of classes and it didn't destroy my chances. You will want to master that material for the MCAT anyway.

i have until sunday to drop. this is a tough choice. best case, i kick ass on the last midterm and final, come out with a B. or, if i keep doing the same as I am now, I'll end up with a D, maybe a C.

The thing is, I have no idea how to get better. I could do everything out of the book the night before the test.

Drop, and dont risk it if you're on the verge of getting a D. Re-evaluate where you went wrong in the class and study accordingly.

and BTW
W >>>> D