1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

withdrawing from physics?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by arex, May 9, 2007.

1. arex

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just got back my second midterm, I am in the lowest 4% of the class on that one test. About 40% on the first midterm. The corresponding scores were 62% and 29%. Fortunately, we have three midterms and drop the lowest score. Even with the dropped score I feel like I will get a C in the class, B- at best. I spent around 5-6 hours the few days before the second test on practice problems, but still choked. I'm in the calculus based series, so if I did withdraw I would take the non-calc series next year. Is it a really bad idea to withdraw from a pre-req in the 7th week of the quarter?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Patricia

Medical Student
    Drop it. I withdrew from a bunch of classes and it didn't destroy my chances. You will want to master that material for the MCAT anyway.

4. arex

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i have until sunday to drop. this is a tough choice. best case, i kick ass on the last midterm and final, come out with a B. or, if i keep doing the same as I am now, I'll end up with a D, maybe a C.

The thing is, I have no idea how to get better. I could do everything out of the book the night before the test.

5. Arc

Arc
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Drop, and dont risk it if you're on the verge of getting a D. Re-evaluate where you went wrong in the class and study accordingly.

and BTW
    W >>>> D