Withdrew?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mask667

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading one of the threads and one of the guys withdrew. I am not sure, but what is the point of withdrawing if you have already spent so much money already? I seriously haven't grasped the concept, please tell me.

Mask667

Members don't see this ad.

1) Financial reasons (can't afford the travel expenses)
2) You found out some negative things that would prevent you from attending there even if you get in.

I'm sure there are many more.

Mask, I'm with you. Are people withdrawing because they are in fear of rejection? We must be missing something. I guess it is like breaking up with a girl friend because you hear that she is about to dump you. Beat her to the punch, so to speak. Please someone explain.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading one of the threads and one of the guys withdrew. I am not sure, but what is the point of withdrawing if you have already spent so much money already? I seriously haven't grasped the concept, please tell me.

Mask667

Hey man not to be mean, but please use the Search function. There is already a withdraw thread.

Sorry, but I wasn't in the mood of searching as I have other important tasks.

Mask667

apparently not if you're spending your time here and not studying

We all apply to "safety schools" but when you have 9 interviews and you have to fly to every interview because there is no dental school in your state, it gets a little expensive! I spend about $500 a visit as you can see that roughly $4,500 an interview. Its too much when you know that some schools are really just safety schools and last resorts-why go when you have pretty good chances at getting in many other schools that you would rather attend.