You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wny no 'Princeton' med school?
Started by Long_John
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I rowed vs. Princeton and the urban legend was that Andrew Carnegie asked them if they wanted a new lake to row on or a professional school (law, I think). Of course they chose the lake. That doesn't really answer your question, but it's a good story.
sven said:I rowed vs. Princeton and the urban legend was that Andrew Carnegie asked them if they wanted a new lake to row on or a professional school (law, I think). Of course they chose the lake. That doesn't really answer your question, but it's a good story.
I thought he just choose to give Princeton a lake after one of his friends complained about the lack of a proper rowing venue. I can't blame him, I'd rather have a lake than a law school.
I don't know what you guys are talking about... I'm in my second year of medical school at Princeton.
Art Vandalay said:I don't know what you guys are talking about... I'm in my second year of medical school at Princeton.
hahahaha funny!

Mitro said:I thought he just choose to give Princeton a lake after one of his friends complained about the lack of a proper rowing venue. I can't blame him, I'd rather have a lake than a law school.
A big ditch filled with scummy water rather than a law school? Sounds about right.
Agree with the above comment. They annually rank very high (#1?) in the country, yet they have no law, MBA, or med school programs. All the other Ivy League schools have them, so it must say something about their undergrad program that they are consistently ranked #1. You should try to go there if you can, because it opens a million doors.
Neuronix said:Because all the Princeton pre-meds end up at Penn.
Half joking.
Not really.
😀
I have heard from some professors (non-Princeton, admittedly) that New Jersey outlawed the use of cadavers until the 1950s or so. That probably had something to do with it also.
why doesnt uc berkeley have one?! not that id want to stay at the same school for 8 years, but if i had to stay in one place for that long it would be ucb
Sure they do, it's called UCSF, and is a Bart ride away. UCSF handles the school of nursing, pharmacy, and medicine. Berkeley handles the undergrads, the school of optometry, public health, law, business, public policy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haybrant said:why doesnt uc berkeley have one?! not that id want to stay at the same school for 8 years, but if i had to stay in one place for that long it would be ucb
Probably due to the close proximity of UCSF. Actually, Berkeley does have a medical program, the JMP program, where students spend their first two years at Cal and then go on to do their rotations at UCSF. It's a very impressive program, the students are pretty incredible people.
AJ
4
45408
that's just what they tell you so you send them a $35,000 check each year 😉Art Vandalay said:I don't know what you guys are talking about... I'm in my second year of medical school at Princeton.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 2K