Women - ODS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjohnson23723

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to Navy ODS soon and had an awkward question. Do women have time/are they allowed to shave at ODS? More specifically, I get awkward dark hairs on my chin and neck that I can easily shave off each day, but if I don't, they're noticable. Will I be able to quickly shave these off in the shower or at some point getting ready in the morning? I'm definitely not a girly girl and could care less about shaving legs, etc. at ODS, but the facial hair bothers me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm going to Navy ODS soon and had an awkward question. Do women have time/are they allowed to shave at ODS? More specifically, I get awkward dark hairs on my chin and neck that I can easily shave off each day, but if I don't, they're noticable. Will I be able to quickly shave these off in the shower or at some point getting ready in the morning? I'm definitely not a girly girl and could care less about shaving legs, etc. at ODS, but the facial hair bothers me.
You'll always have time to splash a canteen on your face

Yes, you will have time. It's not boot camp or OCS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would imagine you'd have more time than a normal officer school, but if you wanna mitigate that entirely, get waxed before you go. I got everything waxed before basic training and it lasted until week 4.