Women pharmacists and dating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess if my current relationship doesn't work out the only way I'll be able to get a date when I'm 30 is to lie and say I'm still 22... lol

Kidding!

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP.....

What was the social/ school balance for those who have finished pharm school or almost finished (P3s and P4s)?

BUMP.....

What was the social/ school balance for those who have finished pharm school or almost finished (P3s and P4s)?

Why did you bump this? Make a new thread for a new topic!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I never had this problem... or my now fiance never had this problem either.

Partly because we met in high school and this was before any career moves were made.

I must admit though that I am intimidated by the fact that she makes more than me as a resident... so I can only imagine that this rings true for a good portion of the male population.

hey i understand completley. I am a very attractive single;) man, who wants the best out of a women....

It always seemed to me that the girls that seemed too good for me were the best to approach. They always wanted guys to approach them but their "status" or appeal to people was enough to turn them away.

So when you see an ugly guy with a hot wife/girlfriend, that's why. It's not that they have more money or a 12 inch personality, they just have metaphorical balls. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I never had this problem... or my now fiance never had this problem either.

Partly because we met in high school and this was before any career moves were made.

I must admit though that I am intimidated by the fact that she makes more than me as a resident... so I can only imagine that this rings true for a good portion of the male population.

Nah, I don't feel intimated. (1) she owes $40K more in student loans. (2) her benefits can't touch my VA benefit package, needing me to cover her. :D

Bro, relax. Making more money isn't the whole picture. The degree/residency you hold, social status, intelligence, power/responsibility all matters. The president makes less than most CEOs, but he's still the king, baby! Now where's that cigar? :D

Even though it is almost 2009, most women want to date a man who is at least as successful as they are. The problem is that those type of men have more options and 4 out of 5 times, they would rather date a younger and prettier woman than a smarter and richer woman.

So as successful women get older, they have 2 options: stay single or lower their standards. The latter option is more appealing for most women, and so they end up compromising and marrying a less successful guy. The end.

This is SO TRUE!

However there are pharmacists that graduate at 23 or 24 years old. Lucky for them they can find a rich guy and make tons of money!

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, there is more to life (and love) than hot looks and big bucks...

That's a phase we all go through. It's instinctual and hormone driven. Guys can't ignore a hot girl any more than girls could ignore a successful/powerful man. So everyone just have to wait until that ranging hormone dies down a little, which tends to happen around the age of 30 I say. Until then, I see no harm in having a bit of fun. :D

That's a phase we all go through. It's instinctual and hormone driven. Guys can't ignore a hot girl any more than girls could ignore a successful/powerful man. So everyone just have to wait until that ranging hormone dies down a little, which tends to happen around the age of 30 I say. Until then, I see no harm in having a bit of fun. :D

What about a successful/driven woman?

Stop making excuses. If you aren't married by the age of 25, you are probably just too ugly/annoying/void of personality to marry. Or you overestimate your attractiveness to the opposite sex and won't let someone who is roughly well matched with you attain you.

Then you hit your 30s and realize that it's pretty embarrassing that you are the only person you know that's never been married...and you kind of get desperate and go with whatever looks acceptable enough to not be embarrassed by at a high school reunion.

I got married when I was 22...she was 19. If you wait too long, its impossible to rear enough children to harvest all the crops and make mends to the land. And you don't want that to happen. The sheriff will try to take your land, barn and all, when you can't pay the taxes...and you'll be sent to debtors prison.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Mmmm...I've come to realize men today, or the one's I meet, like women who yank their chain and play hard to get. It's a chase. They like women who are *itches and treat them like crap.

And I don't know how to play by those rules...

Then go somewhere masochists don't hang out.

I don't know anybody like that.

One girl in my life tried that hard to get crap on me. So I started talking to this other girl I randomly ran into and, naturally, she got jealous and thought I was just with the other girl to make her jealous. Well...no...you said "no"...so **** off...you aren't that important that I will go get another girl to go out with as an elaborate scheme to get you...

...anyway...

Last edited:
Mmmm...I've come to realize men today, or the one's I meet, like women who yank their chain and play hard to get. It's a chase. They like women who are *itches and treat them like crap.

And I don't know how to play by those rules...

This is sooooooo TRUE. Men love to chase women and they love the ones that treat them really crappy. If you are too nice then that equals desperation.

This is sooooooo TRUE. Men love to chase women and they love the ones that treat them really crappy. If you are too nice then that equals desperation.

Being a male species, I tell you that: what you think is wrong. The men who chase after women are either old man, privileged boy, or too ugly. A serious man does not chase after hot or rich woman; they, instead, pick a very average girl who is nice and could understand them.

*Edit: too bad, that kind of girl almost comes to extinction in modern time.

Last edited:
Being a male species, I tell you that: what you think is wrong. The men who chase after women are either old man, privilege boy, or too ugly. A serious man does not chase after hot or rich woman; they, instead, pick a very average girl who is nice and could understand them.

*Edit: too bad, that kind of girl almost comes to extinction in modern time.

I just fault it on the values of my generation. They're selfish and self-centered...and live for the thrill of the chase. I'm not "hot"...but I'm driven, and with that comes some amount of success/$.

How do you stop being the girl that guys say "is too nice"? They become disinterested very quickly...

Stop making excuses. If you aren't married by the age of 25, you are probably just too ugly/annoying/void of personality to marry. Or you overestimate your attractiveness to the opposite sex and won't let someone who is roughly well matched with you attain you.

I wasn't married at 25 because I believed I was too immature for a relationship. Not in the sense of having a childish brain but I'm immature because I haven't dated that many girls. It would be stupid for me to marry the first girl that spoke nicely to me. It's funny that you said 25 because I believe people 25 and younger are too immature for a serious relationship anyway.

I got married because I achieved the goals in life that I set out to obtain, no worries about her being a dream killer. Plus she's a redhead bombshell.

I just fault it on the values of my generation. They're selfish and self-centered...and live for the thrill of the chase. I'm not "hot"...but I'm driven, and with that comes some amount of success/$.

How do you stop being the girl that guys say "is too nice"? They become disinterested very quickly...

Well, choosing a mate based on his success is rather logical. There is nothing a could agree more.

I wasn't married at 25 because I believed I was too immature for a relationship. Not in the sense of having a childish brain but I'm immature because I haven't dated that many girls. It would be stupid for me to marry the first girl that spoke nicely to me. It's funny that you said 25 because I believe people 25 and younger are too immature for a serious relationship anyway.

I got married because I achieved the goals in life that I set out to obtain, no worries about her being a dream killer. Plus she's a redhead bombshell.

You're probably right. I was just making fun of Spiriva.

Actually, I'm probably the most immature person on the planet. How I act on here is more or less an accurate portrayal of me off the interwebs. Of course, I didn't hit puberty until I was about 16 and I am just now getting to the point where I have to shave once every other week. So I might have an excuse from a biological standpoint...

I just fault it on the values of my generation. They're selfish and self-centered...and live for the thrill of the chase.
This is true. Narcissism runs rampant here on Golden Pond

I'm not "hot"...but I'm driven, and with that comes some amount of success/$.
Well, let's just say others would disagree. I think the driven part is sometimes hard for men to deal with. They don't like being bested in the "provider" area. I don't think men say it, I just think they feel it, viscerally.

You don't, these people are pricks anyway. Don't waste a thought on them. You can't change who you are. You are smart, you are hard working, you are beautiful and most important you're a good person. You don't know when "the" guy is going to come along or where he is going to come from. I certianly had no idea I was going to meet my wife when I did. Her mother was starting to get desperate that she would never get married..... Things have a way of working out. By the way she is smarter than me nicer than me and more driven. If somebody passes you by because you are too nice, they are a fool.... In fact, if they pass you by at all, they are a fool...

simple, be pretty!

I've got better things to do...

And quite honestly, I don't mind being single. Rather be single than be with a guy just to be with one...I don't settle (and that goes for anything I do). Life's a fun ride though, it would be special to share it with someone while you're enjoying it. So I'll just keep waiting 'til I find someone who wants to join :)

Well, let's just say others would disagree. I think the driven part is sometimes hard for men to deal with. They don't like being bested in the "provider" area. I don't think men say it, I just think they feel it, viscerally.

You don't, these people are pricks anyway. Don't waste a thought on them. You can't change who you are. You are smart, you are hard working, you are beautiful and most important you're a good person. You don't know when "the" guy is going to come along or where he is going to come from. I certianly had no idea I was going to meet my wife when I did. Her mother was starting to get desperate that she would never get married..... Things have a way of working out. By the way she is smarter than me nicer than me and more driven. If somebody passes you by because you are too nice, they are a fool.... In fact, if they pass you by at all, they are a fool...

Hahaha. That sounds so much like an after school special.

simple, be pretty!
She is pretty.

Hahaha. That sounds so much like an after school special.

Listen dude, I married up in every possible way and Spiriva can vouch for that. But meeting my wife was pure luck. The girl I was dating at the time just happened to dump me at the same time my wife got out of a relationship and she just happened to stop by the store I was working at as a student to say hi to one of the pharmacists who worked there.... It was like an after school special...

]
Listen dude, I married up in every possible way and Spiriva can vouch for that. But meeting my wife was pure luck. The girl I was dating at the time just happened to dump me at the same time my wife got out of a relationship and she just happened to stop by the store I was working at as a student to say hi to one of the pharmacists who worked there.... It was like an after school special...

I ain't steppin' OG...Mista Old T...you wise like a mage...call docta Freud...a dude kept in a cage....yeah...talking bout me...unemployed, slight-leh cra-zy...

Aww, thank you. ;)

But I think you nailed it. The men who are willing to give a woman who is financially/emotionally independent a chance...it's a small pool. They're uncomfortable with the imbalance, and the relationship is doomed to start. Guys are OK if they meet a woman who's climbing the totem pole, but still at the early stages of success (i.e. school)...because they became comfortable with the dynamics while she's slowly becoming successful.

On the other hand, a guy who is secure enough to accept a woman who can provide equally (if not more)...they're a rare breed. The ironic thing is, everything we're talking about here related to "providing", are materialistic things. Things that really have no consequence. He's willing to pass on a woman who could provide him with much more than that, because she's able to sustain herself with the tangible items in life...

These are generalities I know, so I'm just going to hold out for Mr. Exception. :)

On the other hand, a guy who is secure enough to accept a woman who can provide equally (if not more)...they're a rare breed.

Then why do I know so many young female pharmacists and physicians that met a (insert blue collar job) after they graduated and got married?

I'm not trying to be mean...I just don't get it...and have never heard of it...

I mean...the pharmacists I've worked with...the females...they were married to construction workers...electricians...factory workers. Maybe its just WV...which I do admit is...different...but this is very strange to me...

I mean...there are dudes that refuse to marry you because you make too much money?

Ok...

....what?

:confused:

There are seriously dudes out there that stupid? When I met my wife, she wanted to be a forensic pathologist and the first thing I thought after she told me was "sweet..AND she's gonna be rich as hell, too."

You need to move to Appalachia...or something...y'all city folk are weird as hell...

I ain't steppin' OG...Mista Old T...you wise like a mage...call docta Freud...a dude kept in a cage....yeah...talking bout me...unemployed, slight-leh cra-zy...

behave yourself or I may get you a job near your in laws....

Did you meet in school? Or was she successful/accomplished when you met her?

We met in P1. Well, I shouldn't say she's successful yet since she just started. But she's a tough girl and is driven. Came here hardly speaking english, worked full time entire undergrad and got into a top 5 pharmacy school.

I push myself harder than most of my classmates, I was worried that she won't be able to keep up with my pace. But she did. Tough girls like this is a real find, one that can shoulder the world with me. She has what it takes.

You already do. They all live in Glenside near where Broad Street ends. Some "moved up" to the Lansdale area.

I know, where I live dude. I said I would get YOU a job....

There are not a lot of double wides in Glenside....