Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would this work?![]()
Absolutely. The duchess has impeccable taste, and dresses, of necessity, very conservatively. If in doubt, the question: "Would Kate Middleton wear this?" will not steer you wrong.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Would this work?![]()
maybe that was the same girl who I saw interviewing in an elite school here in NYC. Exchange the canvas tote with a mini fashion handbag. Her ability to appear to be actively eye rolling while her face remains constantly rigid was anatomically interesting. everything looked slightly annoying to her and seemed worthless of her timeThis week had relatively few extreme examples (for women, anyway!).
The winners were:
A saran wrap tight mini and fluffy pink blouse with no jacket.
A large canvas tote (used as purse) adorned with big kittens.
Worst accessory: eye rolling disinterest.
A British brand called Reiss was my favorite for this reason. It looked like everything in the store can be worn by KM. I don't have much desire in life but I do wish one day I'll be able to shop there without having to wait for the few times of the year that the store has 70% sale. A big plus of this brand for me was that the cloths seem to fit girls on the tall side.Absolutely. The duchess has impeccable taste, and dresses, of necessity, very conservatively. If in doubt, the question: "Would Kate Middleton wear this?" will not steer you wrong.
That's her!maybe that was the same girl who I saw interviewing in an elite school here in NYC. Exchange the canvas tote with a mini fashion handbag. Her ability to appear to be actively eye rolling while her face remains constantly rigid was anatomically interesting. everything looked slightly annoying to her and seemed worthless of her time
maybe that was the same girl who I saw interviewing in an elite school here in NYC. Exchange the canvas tote with a mini fashion handbag. Her ability to appear to be actively eye rolling while her face remains constantly rigid was anatomically interesting. everything looked slightly annoying to her and seemed worthless of her time
Actually now I recall her slim figure, her rather beautifully done dark hair and her canvas bag. The mini fashion handbag belonged to a different girl who actually was physically rolling her eyes at everything in a different school.That's her!
Canvas handbag is a different woman. It could still be her!Actually now I recall her slim figure, her rather beautifully done dark hair and her canvas bag. The mini fashion handbag belonged to a different girl who actually was physically rolling her eyes at everything in a different school.
Go for the royal blue!Hi,
I have a dental school interview coming up and I will be wearing a black suit. I'm having trouble deciding between a royal blue blouse and a white blouse. I know the white is the safest way to go, but I just wanted to wear a different color. What do you think?
Go for the royal blue!
I don't recall anyone saying wholesale that trenches were borderline; perhaps just one particular one that someone posted?While we're coat-checking, someone said before that trenches were borderline. What about something like this?
http://www.londonfog.com/women/outerwear/trench-coats/laura-long-raincoat-removable-hood.html
EDIT: I posted the wrong link, but same idea:
http://www.londonfog.com/women/oute...reasted-long-trench-coat-detachable-hood.html
Our winners:This week had relatively few extreme examples (for women, anyway!).
The winners were:
A saran wrap tight mini and fluffy pink blouse with no jacket.
A large canvas tote (used as purse) adorned with big kittens.
Worst accessory: eye rolling disinterest.
Because white is predictable, boring, not flattering on most people and you'll disappear into the sea of other drones wearing a black suit and white button front shirt. Give me something interesting to look at!!!Really!?! I would love to wear my blue. But why do you think I should stick with blue and not white?
Because white is predictable, boring, not flattering on most people and you'll disappear into the sea of other drones wearing a black suit and white button front shirt. Give me something interesting to look at!!!
Agreed. Although I like to think that I'm using the predictability of white to my advantage, I tend to stand out from any crowd due to certain physical property of mine being extreme, so in order to blend in, I chose white shirts.Because white is predictable, boring, not flattering on most people and you'll disappear into the sea of other drones wearing a black suit and white button front shirt. Give me something interesting to look at!!!
Agreed. Although I like to think that I'm using the predictability of white to my advantage, I tend to stand out from any crowd due to certain physical property of mine being extreme, so in order to blend in, I chose white shirts.
I don't have extra long nose or oversized hands...just...a little too vertical...LOL…now you've got me wondering (not in a creepy way)!
I don't have extra long nose or oversized hands...just...a little too vertical...
One more questions to the experts 😉
Do you recommend I take a purse or a folder?
I need to carry my small iPhone 4s, my debit card and license.
Also, I'm wearing 2 inch interview heels, but when I wore them for my first interview they caused a lot of pain while I was in the tour. I'm blaming the fact that I had blisters from walking in the city the day before my interview. So I thought I should bring a purse big enough to fit flats that I could change into during bathroom break before the tour. But then I also thought that if I change into flats, my pants might be too long. I should just find better shoes...
What do you all think?
Thanks in advance.
Wait until we are both 80 if I reach that age at all. Not being tall helps with longevity!Aww shucks! I have the first two features, and would kill for the third because 5"6' is boring 😉 You're lucky!
too loose? front looks like its just hanging off.Is this acceptable to wear under my Navy blazer? It's basically a cotton shirt from loft. I am having the hardest time finding a blouse.
I don't think so. I don't want it to be clinging to me. At least that is what I've been told in the past for professional attire.too loose?
Yeah but theres no point of overdoing it.I don't think so. I don't want it to be clinging to me. At least that is what I've been told in the past for professional attire.
OK I understand. I will keep looking. And if one more person (IRL) suggests the juniors department I might burst into tears.Yeah but theres no point of overdoing it.
Better to look neat.
OK I understand. I will keep looking. And if one more person (IRL) suggests the juniors department I might burst into tears.
I'm at a thrift store right now so yes. But Nordstrom and Burlington both suggested that.Was that the smallest they had?
So in general it's fine to wear that style of shirt?
Button down blouses never fit properly and always look frumpy and or oversized on me so I would like to avoid that of possible. If it's required I guess I can find something.The Limited and Express have really nice button down blouses in every color .
OK I understand. I will keep looking. And if one more person (IRL) suggests the juniors department I might burst into tears.
Breastfeeding and genetics. I won that lottery. OK Well I bought it for casual days and I will keep shopping. Thanks!And you're a mom? Life's not fair... 🙄
That's a little too 'T-shirt'.
OK I understand. I will keep looking. And if one more person (IRL) suggests the juniors department I might burst into tears.
I've been on two interviews so far; ran into the same girl at both of them, and she was wearing the same dress at both. I haven't been able to find an exact match, but it looked basically like this, just slightly longer and without the droopy sleeves.
http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/9012232/Womens-Chevron-Print-Bell-Sleeve-Dress-L16214233.jpg
I'm male and admit that I know little-to-nothing about women's interview attire, but still... she sure stood out from the crowd!
Button down blouses never fit properly and always look frumpy and or oversized on me so I would like to avoid that of possible. If it's required I guess I can find something.
As a 00-0 petite, I feel you. Finding a nice blouse is not the problem. Finding nice blouse that fits my size IS like finding needle in a haystack. The one that fits well for me is a plain white button down shirt so far...
Size wise, Banana Republic and Ann Taylor has 00 petite.
Where the dinner is at and who's there with you make a difference. But either way I'd say you look appropriate enough and quite nice. You might have dressed more formally than a couple I've seen during the actual interview days...Any ideas for pre interview dinner attire? The information from PC says casual attire. As far as I know jeans is a big no no.
Would this be too casual?
Where the dinner is at and who's there with you make a difference. But either way I'd say you look appropriate enough and quite nice. You might have dressed more formally than a couple I've seen during the actual interview days...
I think that dressing a bit cute and casually before the interview to show your affability and your femininity then impressing the people with your ability to dress nice and professionally the next day is a good strategy. It shows your flexibility and that you are not a boring person. However, I'm not saying this because I have any kind of experience actually interviewing people. It's just out of my senses. I don't really like the second photo. It looks a bit dull...if you are concerned, maybe change into a skirt/dress?Thank you for your feedback FriendlyFH. The place is a local bistro, website says to dress casually. Dinner will be attended by residents, I think, there was no mention whether faculty will be there. I was hesitant whether legging like the picture above will be too casual/inappropriate?
As an alternative, I am considering this one:
Thank you for your feedback FriendlyFH. The place is a local bistro, website says to dress casually. Dinner will be attended by residents, I think, there was no mention whether faculty will be there. I was hesitant whether legging like the picture above will be too casual/inappropriate?
As an alternative, I am considering this one:
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.