word em up (MSTP and EDP)

Started by akademix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Booyakasha! It's da Ali G yo boy holla at the MD/PhD stylez.

Seriously tho, UPenn was the first MD/PhD to offer EDP I think it was 3 years ago now. I don't know if any other programs have followed suit. I also don't think Penn has ever taken any EDP MD/PhDs. The people who have applied EDP MD/PhD, it seems, have not been so eye-poppingly great that Penn has felt like they would definately get in with the regular applicant crowd. In general most people would recommend to NOT apply EDP to MD/PhD programs. The decision is too big and important to try to commit somewhere without getting a good look around first.
 
You guys are ******ed, gosh! I'm very curious about this 34th and Walnut you speak of - Doesn't it hold a Starbucks and very little else? Who knew Starbucks was exclusive???

Seriously though, your best bet is to just check out the individual schools you're interested in and see what your options are. A google search brings up Yale, Buffalo, and the UT system. Also, AAMC has a list of all of the schools with recognized MD/PhD programs that takes you directly to the MD/PhD program websites: http://www.aamc.org/research/dbr/mdphd/programs.htm