Wording of the letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you word the letter of intent?

Dr Sir,

I will go to your school if you let me in off the waitlist. Please let me in. Please. Pretty please?

Sincerely,

the kumquat

:smuggrin: ???

Members don't see this ad.

CuddlyKumquat said:
How do you word the letter of intent?

Dr Sir,

I will go to your school if you let me in off the waitlist. Please let me in. Please. Pretty please?

Sincerely,

the kumquat

:smuggrin: ???

Dear Committee on Admissions,

After extensive research on different medical school programs, it is clear to me that the ____________ school of medicine is the best place for me to obtain a medical education. Although I am currently on the waitlist, I am writing to let you know that this is my first choice and I have a sincere desire to study medicine at ________. Please reconsider my application.

Something like that. You should also send them any interesting updates, like a great transcript or award.

Dear X SOM Committee on Admissions,

After researching several different medical school programs, I truly believe the X SOM is the perfect fit for me. <briefly explain why...> Although I am currently in a competitive pool of applicants, if accepted to your school I will withdraw my applications from all other medical schools to accept your offer.

-lizanne11

hmm... a little confused on how to word the "I promise I'll attend your school if you accept me" part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Were I to be offered a position at school X, I would not hesitate to withdraw my application from all other programs and matriculate at school X.

seilienne said:
Were I to be offered a position at school X, I would not hesitate to withdraw my application from all other programs and matriculate at school X.
Cut out the unnecessary stuff.
If accepted, I will matriculate at school X.
To the OP: You should buy "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser and "The Elements of Style" by E.B. White and William Strunk. They are invaluable for writing these kinds of formal letters.