• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
How do you word the letter of intent?

Dr Sir,

I will go to your school if you let me in off the waitlist. Please let me in. Please. Pretty please?

Sincerely,

the kumquat

:smuggrin: ???

Chinorean

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2005
Status
CuddlyKumquat said:
How do you word the letter of intent?

Dr Sir,

I will go to your school if you let me in off the waitlist. Please let me in. Please. Pretty please?

Sincerely,

the kumquat

:smuggrin: ???
Dear Committee on Admissions,

After extensive research on different medical school programs, it is clear to me that the ____________ school of medicine is the best place for me to obtain a medical education. Although I am currently on the waitlist, I am writing to let you know that this is my first choice and I have a sincere desire to study medicine at ________. Please reconsider my application.

Something like that. You should also send them any interesting updates, like a great transcript or award.

Dear X SOM Committee on Admissions,

After researching several different medical school programs, I truly believe the X SOM is the perfect fit for me. <briefly explain why...> Although I am currently in a competitive pool of applicants, if accepted to your school I will withdraw my applications from all other medical schools to accept your offer.

-lizanne11

hmm... a little confused on how to word the "I promise I'll attend your school if you accept me" part.

About the Ads

pagemmapants

Unknown Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Were I to be offered a position at school X, I would not hesitate to withdraw my application from all other programs and matriculate at school X.

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status
seilienne said:
Were I to be offered a position at school X, I would not hesitate to withdraw my application from all other programs and matriculate at school X.
Cut out the unnecessary stuff.
If accepted, I will matriculate at school X.
To the OP: You should buy "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser and "The Elements of Style" by E.B. White and William Strunk. They are invaluable for writing these kinds of formal letters.

About the Ads