Words of encouragement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbardin1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently did a short article on Linkedin with some things I found helpful along the way for me. Happy to help if I can.

Calling all non-traditional medical school applicants

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Such a cool and inspirational story, man. What originally inspired you to make the switch from law enforcement to medicine?

Members don't see this ad :)
My father and grandfather were both in law enforcement. I felt like I had to give it a try. Had some great experiences and wouldn't trade my time but realized a few years into it that I likely wouldn't retire from it.

I enjoy reading success stories like this. Just more positive ammo to give to fellow nontrads who wonder if their age is somehow locked against time when making a career change as black and white as this one.

Congrats to the OP.

Reactions: 1 user
I really needed this tonight. I have a bachelor's of science and I too gave up my dream for a short while. I'm 24 now and I'm deciding to keep trying because I know this is what I truly want in life. It's just been very difficult to do this now. I feel so old :( and part of that comes from my religion's expectations of women and another comes from comparing myself to my friends.

I really needed this tonight. I have a bachelor's of science and I too gave up my dream for a short while. I'm 24 now and I'm deciding to keep trying because I know this is what I truly want in life. It's just been very difficult to do this now. I feel so old :( and part of that comes from my religion's expectations of women and another comes from comparing myself to my friends.

I had a classmate that started at age 60. You've got plenty of time :). Take it one day at a time and surround yourself with positive people that will be in your corner.