Work environment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyjess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone! i need some advice or help. I work at a pharmacy but the enviornment is not all that great. Meaning that the pharmacist, my boss, didnt even train me that well but thinks that I know everything. When im in doubt, i will ask her a question to get a better understanding but she looks so fustrated and aggravated. Im thinking about quitting because i just dont think that pharmacy is right for me nor the envionrment. I love being a pharmacy tech and love workin but for the last couple of weeks I have been dreading it. And if i quit, i can focus more on my classes...i mean im not doing bad i got a 3.2 but i kno i can do soo much better. Also, is it a must that one has to work in a pharmacy to get into pharmacy school?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Members don't see this ad.

No, it is not a must to work in a pharmacy to get into pharmacy school. How long have you been working there? Pharmacy tech is a tough job when you first start out, but it does get better. If you're not happy working and you think that by quitting your job, you'd be able to bring your GPA up, then do that. But you must also remember that if you haven't been working there long, it could backfire. If you get an interview, they might ask you why you only worked there for a short period of time. You can't tell them because your pharmacists didn't want to answer your questions or didn't train you. You also don't want to tell them that your grades weren't good cause you were working.

How many hours are you working anyway? I did 30 hours(at 2 different jobs, that's worse than just doing 30 hours at one place), now down to 20 and I always take 5,6 courses. You just need to manage your time better.

The pharmacists at my job tell me that my schooling is more important than working at this time in my life. Maybe just asking to get a decrease in the number of hours you work could work. That way you could focus on your GPA and you won't be continually having to deal with and be stressed out about your job. If you see her less you can endure it a little more. Also, try standing up for yourself a little. I see where you are coming from, sometimes bosses can be impatient.