Working full time and studying for MCAT? Advice...

futureMD4294

5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2014
  1. Pre-Medical
So i have recently gotten accepted to two job positions: one is a Medical Scribe/ Ophthalmic Lab Tech position (35-40 hours a week) and the other is just a Medical Scribe position (24-32 hours a week).
I am also planning on taking the MCAT late January (Sooo 5.5 months to study for this). I LOVE the 35-40 hour job, but it is not as flexible as the the 24-32 hours a week position.

1. Should I pick the position that I like the most or pick the one with less hours and more flexibility.

2. Any advice on working full time and studying for the MCAT?

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
So i have recently gotten accepted to two job positions: one is a Medical Scribe/ Ophthalmic Lab Tech position (35-40 hours a week) and the other is just a Medical Scribe position (24-32 hours a week).
I am also planning on taking the MCAT late January (Sooo 5.5 months to study for this). I LOVE the 35-40 hour job, but it is not as flexible as the the 24-32 hours a week position.

1. Should I pick the position that I like the most or pick the one with less hours and more flexibility.

2. Any advice on working full time and studying for the MCAT?

I would take the job you enjoyed more dude.

You have plenty of time to prep with a full time job. I'd try to get all general content review done in 2 months, start your real "studying" of flash cards and such made the following two months, and the last 6 weeks just do all the AAMC FLs and section banks.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.