Working Full Time- Taking Pre-requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Telomi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Engineering background, I am planing to take the pre-requisites course while working full time. I am thinking of taki g both Biology I and General Chemistry I in one term.

any thoughts on how many hourse you need for each to get a good grade?

Members don't see this ad.

Engineering background, I am planing to take the pre-requisites course while working full time. I am thinking of taki g both Biology I and General Chemistry I in one term.

any thoughts on how many hourse you need for each to get a good grade?
Required times will vary greatly between individuals, but I've always been told a good rule to follow is three hours of studying for each hour spent in class. Gen Chem I and lower level bio classes did not require nearly that much in my personal experience.

Reactions: 1 users
Required times will vary greatly between individuals, but I've always been told a good rule to follow is three hours of studying for each hour spent in class. Gen Chem I and lower level bio classes did not require nearly that much in my personal experience.

The more efficient you are with studying, the less time you'll need. General rule of thumb is as you said, 3:1. But I figured out the best way for me to assimilate information, and that cut my study time down dramatically, even in my upper division math courses.

Edit: I quoted you because I agreed with your post, but the reply was mostly to the OP.

Reactions: 1 users
It depends on the individual AND the course really. I just took bio2 and put in about 10 minutes for each hr in class while working full time and still got 100% in the class. 5 weeks earlier I took chem I while working full time and barely got any sleep because I was doing the 3:1 but it was a summer 5 week accelerated plus 6 hrs of weekly lab so it was kind of a PITA. Bio1 was much harder b/c the prof was much harder, so the moral of the story is pick easy profs.

Reactions: 2 users