• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

working situations

coco09

10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2008
  1. Medical Student
    What are different options for working environment in rads? I know you can do tele, or pp, etc.

In the community hospital, I like how rads can consult each other with harder reads, and talk personally with referring doctors. With tele in the mix, is rads moving towards working alone and remotely rather than in a group at a hospital/outpt setting?

I like the idea of working at home, but I also like interacting with other radiologists and clinicians.

About the Ads

f_w

1K Member
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 30, 2005
      someone here once mentioned their were a solo practitioner. how does that work in radiology?

- you get yourself an exclusive contract with a small hospital
      - you read their x-rays, CT scans, MRIs etc.
      - you contract with a telerad company to cover nights, some weekends and stuff you don't feel comfortable reading
      - you bill medicare or the patients insurance or the patient for your services (either by hiring your own staff and using an office management software or by contracting it to a billing agency for a set percentage of your collections)

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.