worried about admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audhopeful2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am applying to Audiology school for fall 2013. I originally started undegrad with a micro and molec bio degree and took junior level courses my freshman year and hated the field. As a result my cumulative gpa is a 2.95 but my csd gpa is a 3.7. I have been an audiologist assistant to an audiologist at my university as well as participated in undergraduate research. I also volunteered in a hospital for 6 years and shadowed both an optometrist and doctor before i got into audiology so I do have continued extracurricular involvement. I am applying to 6 schools and now I am worried that I will not get into a single one. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of safe schools I can apply to? The max amount of schools I am willing to apply to is ten schools total. Keeping in mind I have a pretty good personal statement, great letters of rec, and am a minority

here are a list of schools I am applying to
UNC
Gallaudet
UF
NOVA
James Madison
Vanderbilt (being my first choice but a very unlikely one)

I JUST WANT TO GET IN SOMEWHERE HELP

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with ya, I am applying too and it's incredibly nerve wreaking! I'd say you have a good shot at NOVA as a "safe" school. However, it seems there is never a safe school during this process. Different schools are looking for different qualities in applicants. Good luck!

I found this website to be helpful when applying to schools. It shows all stats from last year applicant pool. Average GRE and how many applied/got accepted.

http://www.asha.org/edfind/results.aspx?area=AUD&degree=CELD&location=ALL

I would have applied to a few more fall back schools... a good majority of those have very limited seating. Tennessee would have been a good choice imo.